Skills: Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, England, United Kingdom
Please be aware this is an expression of interest job role only
Job title: Pipefitter
Job ID: 2020-81664
Wood is looking to speak to Pipefitters, who are local to the Hertfordshire area, for potential work at one of it's client sites
Purpose / Role
• To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent pipefitting service in accordance with project / company
requirements, standards and procedures.
• To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
• To ensure all that all workscope is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or
Key aims and objectives
• To perform all required pipefitting tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures and
Prime responsibilities and duties
• Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at
all times that the piping / assembly workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
• Follow the schedule communicated by the supervisor.
• Manufacture, Installation, and testing of pipes and pipe supports in accordance with drawings/sketches and specifications.
• Complete all workscope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and
drawings / sketches
• Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline team.
• Provide timely feedback to supervisor or plant operator of ongoing status or completion of the task.
• Proactively seek additional tasks where time permits.
• Sign on to applicable permit to work (PTW) in order to complete work scope on a controlled and safe manner.
• Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscope in a safe and controlled manner.
• Adhere to all applicable company policies, working practices and procedures as communicated by the company from time
Skills / Qualifications
• 4 Year Appreticeship or Level 2 NVQ equivalent
• City and Guilds (C&G) in Plumbing, Pipework Erection, Pipework Fabrication and / or NVQ Level 3 in related trade.
• CCNSG safety passport
• Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
• MJI10 Training, must be current i.e. within previous 12 months or current TMJI10
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.