Skills: Chemist, Physicist
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Den Helder, North Holland, Netherlands
For a client, active in the nuclear sector, we searching for a Neutronics Analyst.
The organization is the largest supplier of medical isotopes and operator of the High Flux Reactor (HFR). It produces isotopes for around 10 million patient treatments per year in more than 90 countries. The company also conducts nuclear technology research and is active in the development of new isotopes for both therapeutic and diagnostic uses.
- Perform neutronics computations and analyses in close contact with internal and external customers.
- Examples include:
- Nuclear safety analyses for new and existing irradiation facilities in the High Flux Reactor;
- Pre- and post-irradiation calculations for irradiation experiments;
- Isotope yield calculations;
- Design and optimisation of irradiation facilities;
- Neutron activation and inventory calculations;
- Shielding analyses.
- Carry out research for both commercial and government funded research programmes.
- Examples are:
- Multi-scale reactor physics
- Dynamic neutronics simulations
- Uncertainty quantification
- Shielding analyses for activation or fluence calculations
- Influence of delayed neutrons on reactor physics simulations
- Application of artificial intelligence techniques to nuclear science
- Take overall responsibility for projects.
- Broaden and deepen the knowledge and quality of the team.
- Develop new research and innovation proposals supporting the company and team strategy.
- Contribute to the team strategy within your area(s) of expert;ise.
- Develop a network and maintain contacts with clients, both internal and external.
- An academic degree;
- Technical background in neutronics and reactor physics
- Preferably, you have obtained, or will obtain in the near future, a PhD degree in neutronics (MCNP or Serpent) and reactor physics methods.
- You are:
- Focused on quality;
- A team player;
- Good in developing and maintaining a network in your field of knowledge;
- Structured and organized.
The Research & Innovation unit deals with all organizations research and innovation activities. The focus of the unit is on new developments for nuclear energy and technology applications, and on the improvement of nuclear medicine and isotope production. On top of that, R&I maintains the nuclear knowledge base of NRG, which is fundamental to NRG's current and future business.
The R&I unit consists of a Program Development team, a Reactor Analyses & Operational Support team, a Materials & Fuel qualification team, and an Isotopes Development team. The neutronics expertise can be found within the Reactor Analyses & Operational Support team.
Conditions of employment
- Besides an interesting function and meaningful work, NRG also offers you good working conditions.
- Modern and market compliant package of conditions
- 6.3%-year allowance and 8% holiday surcharge;
- Pension at the ABP; NRG pays 74% of premium;
- 27 holiday days and 12 days of flex (fulltime employment);
- A good salary with growth opportunities;
- Travel expenses and mobility budget.
- Personal development
- A 3-day onboarding for everyone new in service;
- An annual training budget and room for your own wishes.
- Flexibility and balance sheet work-private
- Location independent working;
- Possibility to stay if you live far away;
- Possibility to buy leave.
- Fun activities
- Movement during lunch time;
- An active personnel association
Peterson offers safe, reliable and value added risk management and logistics solutions to the energy, shipping and agricultural industry globally from strategic locations. Additionally, we offer specialist activities including inspection and certification of a broad range of products. Founded in 1920, Peterson is non-stock listed and family-owned. Together with sister company Control Union we operate in over 70 countries worldwide.
Peterson operates across many different industries. From agriculture to coal and minerals and from oil and gas to biofuels and biomass, together we are One Peterson. We offer three core activities, namely quality assurance, integrated logistics and related activities. Related activities include recruitment, procurement, project and consultancy services.