Skills: Cost Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
WOOD is recruiting for a Senior Cost Engineer to join our team in Brunei.
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes.
- Act as Cost Focal Point for specific project scopes as required
- Develop and maintain Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for specific scopes in line with project management teams
- Develop project budget in accordance with project estimate and CTR Catalogue.
- Manage the project work approval process in terms of accurate cost code allocation and initial budget set-up and approvals.
- Develop and maintain project cost plans using appropriate software applications
- Monitor and control cost commitments and expenditures through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Liaise with project management, project planning, and others as required to ensure accuracy in project cost phasing and forecasting.
- Liaise with procurement, finance and time-capture functions, and third parties as required, to ensure accurate and timely capture of procurement, materials, subcontract and labour manhour costs. Ensure costs are allocated accurately in accordance with approved project WBS.
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact on the project budget, schedule and cost forecast.
- Provide copies of project cost performance reports in accordance with project reporting requirements
- Produce and issue updates to project cost forecasts
- Monitor and report on cost impact of project manpower forecasts
- Coordinate development and issue of project change orders / variations in accordance with engineering and construction change notifications
- Assess and communicate cost and schedule impact of change notifications.
- Monitor cost impact of achievement / non-achievement of major project milestones.
- Monitor overall project cost performance and contingency drawdown.
- Attend project / client meetings and present project cost performance status as required.
- Assist manage the project cost close-out process.
- Delegate and manage the work of subordinate project controls staff as required
- Liaise with Planning discipline to ensure accurate and timely control and forecasting of budgets and ensure that the impact of all change requests are properly assessed and included in the schedules.
- Participate in cost & estimate risk analysis sessions as required
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with relevant Wood Cost procedures
- Provide guidance and support to subordinate project controls staff as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience.
- Knowledge and application of Cost Engineering principles.
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in with at least 4 years in cost or estimating positions.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction projects in the oil and gas industry, preferably in both onshore and offshore environment
- Good knowledge of Computerised cost management and reporting systems preferred together with ability to consolidate cost data from a number of sources for overall presentation.
- Advanced Computerised systems user.
- In depth understanding of project management principles and techniques. Good Supervisory Skills
- Good understanding of Cost Control, Estimating, Change control and Risk analysis
- Meets all competency criteria.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.