Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Apprenticing for Journeyman Electrician License - completed Year 2 schooling & hours, or equivalent 4-6+ years? work experience. Under the supervision of a Journeyman Electrician, responsible for planning layout to install and connects wiring to electrical power source using hand-tools. Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints. Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels. May repair faulty equipment or systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Complete EN 60079-17:2014 inspections and document accordingly.
- Read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge and operation of a multi-meter for voltage, current and resistance measurement.
- Configure simple (RTU/PLC) devices to interface with a broad of devices, both analog and digital for monitoring and controls.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot electro/hydraulic/pneumatic systems including A60 units.
- Execute installation, documentation and maintenance of projects.
- Perform verification on devices such as levels, pressures, temperatures and flow measurement.
- Must use computer proficiency to interface and configure a wide variety of third party electronic devices.
- Solve technical problems without external guidance or support.
- Able to work alone, in remote locations with little to no supervision or assistance.
- Represent as a field contact for the customer, interacts with the customer with integrity, and with a professional appearance and attitude - develop and maintain customer relations.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Operate and maintain flow measurement equipment both in the shop and in the field.
- Provide onsite services when needed.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on company owned and rental equipment in the field.
- Assist in testing, tuning, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Accurate and thorough completion of job reports in a timely basis.
- Required to work on call.
- Must have the ability to grasp and adapt to changing work environment and conditions.
- Continue training to expand knowledge and experience of flow measurement operations and services.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Minimum 3 years experience in Automation and/or Electrical services.
- CompEX qualified.
- Time- served or Trades Guild certified.
- Electronic Instrument installation, maintenance, and calibration
- Solid mechanical aptitude
- Must have the ability to work well around others in close quarters
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good Computer Skills
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Valid Driver's License
- Previous Oil Field DAQ or flow measurement experience