Skills: Chemical Engineering, Engineering Technician, Technical Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18940BR
Saudi Aramco is seeking a Senior Technology Strategist to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD).
TSPD is responsible for developing Saudi Aramco's technology outlook and strategy, managing the technology portfolio and intellectual property, supporting the Company's climate and sustainability initiatives, and ensuring the commercial viability of technologies through effective deployment planning. TSPD develops technology commercialization and related execution plans to help align Saudi Aramco's R&D investment with strategy and value-driven technology deployments that can position the Company with a sustainable competitive advantage, capitalizing on its strategic and core R&D investments.
The Senior Technology Strategist contributes to the realization of strategic and commercial return on technology investment at Saudi Aramco by advising the CTO and the head of TSPD on strategy-related issues, and leading the development of the technology strategy, inclusive of downstream, upstream, and sustainability portfolios. In doing so, the strategist will generate insights independently, leverage relevant resources inside and outside Saudi Aramco, and facilitate engagement with relevant stakeholders.
• A bachelor's degree in a technical field. An advanced degree in a business management discipline is desirable.
• At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in oil & gas, chemicals, and/or research and development, including at least ten years of leading internal strategy development, either as part of a strategy/business development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drive the development of technology strategies for downstream, upstream, and sustainability, according to the corporate and technology strategy refresh cycle, in a coherent and consistent way that enables effective resource allocation within the domain, to deliver the target outcomes, i.e., where to focus, and how to develop and deliver the key technologies.
• Advise the CTO, the head of TSPD and R&D Chief Technologists on issues related to strategy.
• Work closely with internal stakeholders and facilitate their engagement in technology strategy development.
• Drive the process to update the overall corporate technology strategy every five years.
• Work closely with the TSPD technology outlook team to ensure technology insights and forecasts are being reflected in the technology strategy.
• Work closely with the business line and corporate strategy teams to ensure that technology strategy is aligned with and supporting the corporate and business line strategy.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.