Skills: Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18965BR
Saudi Aramco is seeking an Intellectual Property (IP) Management Specialist to join the Technology Strategy & Planning Department (TSPD).
TSPD is responsible for developing Saudi Aramco's technology outlook and strategy, managing the technology portfolio and intellectual property, supporting the Company's climate and sustainability initiatives, and ensuring the commercial viability of technologies through effective deployment planning.
The IP Management Specialist will participate in IP strategy development, and will be responsible for ensuring that Saudi Aramco's IP portfolio (patents, copyrights, and trade secrets) is in line with the IP strategy. Primary activities include analysis of invention disclosures, and working with inventors and in-house IP counsels on patent prosecution activities. As well as, performing data analysis that deliver valuable insights to innovators, and management to support decision making.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related scientific fields, preferably with an advanced degree in IP or a related field.
• At least 12 years of related professional experience, including at least eight years as a specialist in an IP-related field, preferably in energy, chemicals, environmental engineering, or the heavy industrial sector, having achieved substantial recognition by peers as an expert.
• Ability to effectively work in a multidiscipline, multicultural, team-oriented environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support the development, enhancement, and implementation of the Saudi Aramco IP strategy.
• Support the development, protection, and management of Saudi Aramco IP, i.e., patent, copyright, trade secret, and trademark.
• Support internal clients in obtaining the appropriate protection for their inventions.
• Assess the patentability of invention disclosures (i.e., conduct prior art searches).
• Participate in patent review committee meetings.
• Support in-house IP counsel with patent prosecution and other patent related activities.
• Deliver insights from competitive analysis of patent and commercial product (i.e., IP mapping).
• Management of patent annuity payments.
• Conduct IP awareness sessions and training.
• Coach and mentor junior colleagues.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.