Skills: Project Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood has a fantastic opportunity for a PMC Project Manager to join ADNOC Onshore Project Management team in Abu Dhabi. This is an excellent leadership opportunity for an individual with the right experience, looking to take the next step in their career journey. The successful candidate would be responsible of the following;
- Develop and maintain effective working practices for the Wood project management team
- Provide, with full responsibility and accountability, leadership and excellence in the achievement of coordinating both technical and governance through the Stages of the Project
- Coordinated site supervision work, manage various contractors, and monitor progress of work
- Oversaw all critical developments of project master program, including establishment of milestones and phasing
- Ensured compliance with technical specifications and approving quality of main construction materials as per standards
- Implemented HSE and monitoring adherence to safety standards and satisfactory work practices
- Take full technical and commercial responsibility for execution of the contract in all matters covered within the terms of the contract (from initial contract review to project close-out)
- Identify and communicate project team objectives in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy
- Organize the project team, define individual responsibilities and motivate team members towards successful achievement of specified project goals, particularly through regular project meetings
- Delegate work to the project team members in a manner that encourages individual responsibility
- Provide guidance to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Oversee different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Manage complicated issues among different project phases and the existing facilities
- Provide leadership and management for the PMT and EPC to ensure safe, cost effective and timely resolution of all interfaces
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Review / Validate detailed design and Engineering Deliverables
- Participation in design review, 3D Model Reviews, Value Engineering, Risk Management workshops, constructability Reviews, PHSERs , IPR etc.
- Carryout Technical Evaluation of Bids, Issue Bid Technical Clarifications, Technical Evaluation Reports and Recommendations
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or equivalent degree in Engineering from an accredited university with minimum 20 years relevant experience in the oil / gas industry including ten years of outstanding project management experience for major oil / gas projects including a minimum of 3 years in the role of PMC Project Manager
- Specific experience in Middle East for renowned clients will be essential
- He / She shall have the personality and drive to manage, direct and guide the team to achieve the project objectives.
- High professional competence and management skills are the prime requisites to motivate his team to achieve high quality performance during the execution of the project
- This position demands sincere and hard work and complete accountability to the owner
- ADNOC project experience or PMC experience is a must
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.