Florida, United States
Florida, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Florida, United States
Trans Bay Cable, LLC owns and operates a 53-mile, high-voltage direct current underwater transmission cable system which provides approximately 40 percent of the electrical power used by San Francisco..
Position Specific Description
This job is responsible for performing the day to day operation and routine maintenance of the Trans Bay Cable facility and manning the facility Control Center. Employees in this role control the real and reactive power output of the facility, undertake high voltage switching operations as required. This position is on a defined shift roster which will include rostered periods of operating the facility in the Control Center (12 hours per shift) as well as rostered periods on-call to support off-hour emergencies at the facility and fill shifts as required.
This job is responsible for performing the day to day operation and routine maintenance of the Trans Bay Cable facility and manning the facility Control Center. Employees in this role control the real and reactive power output of the facility, undertake high voltage switching operations as required. This position is on defined shift roster which will include rostered periods of operating the facility in the Control Center (12 hours per shift) as well as rostered periods on-call to support off-hour emergencies at the facility and fill shifts as required.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Takes and logs periodic readings; identifies and responds to disturbances, deviations, alarms and events from the operator work stations
- Makes necessary call-outs for service on a timely basis
- Operates and maintains all systems associated with the facility
- Executes switching operations to safely isolate the facility for maintenance work, ensuring compliance with the facility's safety manual and all associated codes and regulations
- Administers operating logs, disturbance, outage, equipment failure reports, and additional reports or records as required
- Communicates effectively with the control room staff of the California ISO, (CAISO), Balancing Authority (BA), Reliability Coordinator (RC), interconnecting utilities and telecommunication service providers
- Assists in maintenance and fault finding/repair at the converter stations and of the high voltage cables
- Ensures personnel visiting and working on site comply with the TBC Safety Manual and any and all safety requirements
- Monitors the status of the AC and DC cables, land and submarine cables, using the systems provided by TBC
- Responds to "one-call" and other requests regarding the location of the land or submarine cables in accordance with the defined procedures
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree or equivalent*
- Experience: 3+ years
- *Equivalent experience is defined as H.S Diploma/GED and 5+ years of industry or military experience in nuclear power plant operations, maintenance, power transmission , or HVDC or power generation facilities.
- Bachelor's Degree - Engineering
Employee Group: Non Exempt
Employee Type:Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: Trans Bay Cable, LLC
Location: Pittsburg, California
Other Work Locations: California
Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Power Plant Operator, Nuclear, High Voltage, Power Plant, Energy