Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
The Network Manager position requires an advanced IT professional who will hold responsibility for both architecture and day to day operations worldwide. This includes maintaining network performance and reliability, determining and developing architectural approaches and solutions, researching new technologies and approaches, creating standards and roadmaps, and developing recommendations for migrating to future standards.
The Network Manager must have familiarity in one or more architectural domains and to contribute to the overall planning of the organizational IT strategy. This position leads both the Network Architecture and NOC teams. This roll also works directly with the Systems Architect on joint solutions as laid out by the Director of Infrastructure Architecture and holds responsibility for anything related to networking, voice, and network security implementation in office, cloud or field locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exhibits a broad understanding of the current and future technology architectures, an awareness of the organization's key strategies and objectives, knowledge of operational requirements and depth of understanding of goals and objectives of an area they may support
- Participates in the development of technology standards in their area(s) of technical expertise to provide road maps which specify future state and how to get there to increase capabilities, scalability and performance
- Proposes technology standards and investments (where applicable) supported by a thorough technical analysis, proof of concept and business case
- Supports the designs of solutions, consulting to the project team(s), assessing impact and interdependencies and provides the recommendations to effectively manage the impact
- Provides technical guidance, training, direction and reviews the work of colleagues working on architectural issues to ensure alignment.
- Establishes systems to monitor compliance with architectural standards and to ensure technical integrity
- Coaches, mentors and guides reports for professional development through use of appropriate corporate tools and management strategies.
- Works directly with the infrastructure director in strategic technology planning
- Provides solutions to the projects or business, leveraging their technical expertise to guide the implementation
- Fosters a culture of cooperation and trust across functional groups through consistent performance and communication.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- At least 10 years of relevant technical experience in architect role or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing a highly skilled and top performing team
- Demonstrates expertise in architecture and ability in learning and assessing multiple technologies
- Completed and active or emeritus CCIE Required
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- 10 or more years of relevant functional experience in architect role or equivalent
- Expert knowledge in multiple architectural domains
- Expert knowledge in network design to include VoIP, routing, switching, datacenter and security.
- Networking and associated protocols including TCP/UDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, DNS, SNMP and other internet associated protocols
- IP addressing to include subnetting, route aggregation, and BGP route maps
- Understanding of Satellite networks
- Understanding of voice/video functionality and UC capabilities
- Exposure to SDWAN concepts and architectures
- Understanding of Satellite networks
- Redundant network systems design experience
- Experience with infrastructure sizing and capacity planning
- Design, architect, implement and managing nexus 5k and San switches
- Expert in routing and switching
- Design, architect, implement and manage wireless infrastructure
- In depth knowledge of network-based security design and tools
- F5 experience preferred but not required.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Decision Making
- Process & Analytic Ability
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) - Level Two
- Emerging Technology - Level Three
- IT Standards, Procedures, Policies - Level Three
- Business Assessment - Level Three
- Information Management - Level Two
- Product and Vendor Evaluation - Level Three
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs