Partner with the best
The Materials Management and Process COE group partners with the product companies within Baker Hughes to drive common practices aimed at improving fulfillment, cash flow, and cost. This includes driving process improvements and working with functional/technical teams to define high impact digital solutions for the company.Role Summary
The Demand Planning Product Owner will own the C3.ai Demand Planning Application being deployed across Baker Hughes. In this role, they will be responsible for product ownership, providing subject matter expertise (SME) for demand planning & forecasting, interfacing with application development teams, implementing, and supporting advanced Supply Chain planning technologies across Baker Hughes. This includes being responsible for working with SMEs and leadership to prioritize development activities and product deployments.
Fuel your passionRequired Qualifications:
- Subject matter expert (SME) in demand planning and forecasting processes, providing process leadership on:
- Development and execution of demand planning processes to meet organization goals.
- Provide support in developing demand forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to internal and external influencers
- Development of demand forecasts based on demand patterns and business trends - building "causation" models in addition to time-series analysis.
- Work closely with Digital Transformation Leader and leadership to prioritize and support tool implementations with each of the businesses ... speed is of the essence so must be able to develop creative solutions to meet business needs
- Act as Product Owner (PO) for the BHC3 Demand Planning application and subsequent expansions.
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
- Work with product company S&OP Leaders, Supply Chain Planners, and Sales Teams to improve forecast accuracy.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Mentor and train Planners as needed.
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to the demand planning process
- Work closely with SMEs and Leadership in developing multi-generational product plans (MGPP) / Product Roadmap.
- Translate MGPP releases into detailed product specifications for the development teams to effectively plan their activities.
- Guide future tool development, enhancements, implementations, training & support, etc. in line with MGPP.
- Ensure solutions are scalable across the organization where applicable.
- Work closely with SMEs and Technology teams to ensure schedules and outcomes are driven per requirements.
- Engage as required to help define validation criteria and execute validation activities for new developments, enhancements, break fixes, etc.
- Implement effective communication strategies to ensure all relevant parties within the organization are kept up to date on the progress of key initiatives.
- Develop a blueprint to define the necessary organizational and process changes for the successful rollout of tools.
- Bachelors' Degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering or related disciplines
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Demand Planning role dealing with manufacturing planning. Ideally experienced in a variety of planning processes supporting Make-to-Stock, Make-to-Order, as well as Assemble/Configure/Engineer-to-Order.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
Work in a way that works for you
- Broad ERP systems knowledge (SAP / Oracle). Knowledge of SAP/APO, Manugistics, or Oracle Demand Planning, or other software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows / Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas, and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Good facilitation skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
- Ability to work effectively in all environments
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge around machine learning and artificial intelligence - as well as experience with Tableau, Thoughtspot, PowerBI, and other advanced analytical packages
- APICS Certifications
- MBB/BB Certification
- ASPIRE graduate
Baker Hughes offers many options for flexibility in how, when, and where people work. There are certain requirements in this role to align working hours with those of the larger team to ensure proper overlap between the groups.Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace the challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- The Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner, and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.