Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The North American Inventory Manager is responsible to manage all inventory. The role oversees all aspects of warehousing, inventory management, inventory accuracy, order fulfilment and plans and monitors optimal space utilization and efficient inventory flow. The Inventory Manager will have dual reporting, first to Geozone Vice President as well as Global/Hemisphere Inventory Manager.
SAFETY & COMPLIANCE
- Maintains safety and service quality as immediate priorities when working across all areas of the business
- Maintains the highest standards of corporate governance, ensuring that all activity is carried out ethically and in compliance with Company policies, relevant laws, regulations, standards and industry practices
- Applies Weatherford, and where appropriate, Client Company's Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems
- Identifies issues and opportunities with safety within responsibility and proactively work to reduce risks
- Ensure team is performing safety responsibility with appropriate diligence. Liase with Geozone Safety personnel to ensure proactive improvements
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Manages Inventory Managers who oversee and direct the processes and maintenance of warehouse equipment and systems. (ex. cycle counts, GR, GI and control practices)
- Review inventory reports and taking appropriate to action to ensure performance per targets
- Accountable for determining the causes of inventory discrepancies and ensures corrective actions are taken
- Responsible for Inventory Management and Accuracy withing Geozone/Area
- Work with Global and Geozone team to manage receipts, COGS, and other factors affecting inventory
- Adjust personnel and activity based on market changes
- Ensure team is trained to perform role at appropriate level, take steps if performance is below expectations
- Manage inventory metrics, create actions where improvement is required
- Coordinate inventory updates with Geozone and global team to ensure inventory is appropriately utilized
- Support transactions and activities associated with Asset management as required
- Ensures all Weatherford data / information systems are fully utilised to ensure compliance to policies and procedures
- FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Create and support financial budgets, updates and metrics
- Responsible for accuracy of inventory value within responsibility
- Monitor inventory adjustments and minimize financial impact due to inventory adjustments
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & DEVELOPMENT
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. Ensures that department goals are met and adhering to approved budgets and performance metrics. Has full authority for personnel actions
- Responsible for ensuring all employees complete their Company designated training and competency programs
- Supports the performance management program and quarterly conversations
Required Experience and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business or other applicable degree
- 5+ years' experience in inventory management, distribution center operations in a supervisor role
Skills and Knowledge:
- Extensive knowledge of department process
- Strong communication, organizing, troubleshooting, and multi-tasking skills, especially when under pressure
- Positive attitude, with a high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation
- Adaptable and flexible to accommodate operational requirements
- Proficient typing and general computer skills
- Good understanding of Weatherford Inventory policies
- Ability to collaborate with others and have good team-building skills
- Familiarity with proprietary systems such as SAP, JDE, Windchill, etc.
- 10 years' experience working in a key warehouse role
- Certifications from industry organizations on Inventory & Supply chain management (APICS, ISM etc.)