At Jacobs, we're not just building structures,we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilitiesthat are changing our world.
Based in Huntsville, AL
, you'll have the opportunity to work as a Civil Engineer
supporting our Clients ongoing project.
- Author Statements of Work (SOWs), cost estimates, and designs to provide engineered solutions to a myriad of civil engineering tasks,
- Review plans, design documents, and construction documents for compliance with Client protocols, as well as other regulations and local codes and ordinances.
- Submit technical comments in required format, which will be provided. Provide backcheck of all comments and provide a report to the Client containing all comments and responses.
- Provide written comments and concerns on any design submissions, construction documents, bulletins, and submittals to the Client Project Manager.
- Provide on-site field survey measurements and verification. Provide recommendations based on observations.
- Perform construction administration duties, such as reviewing and answering RFIs, reviewing submittals, reviewing and producing field reports, walking the site and verifying accuracy and compliance of construction with drawings and Client requirements, participating in creation and closeout of punch-list, and more.
- Provide support in development and evaluation of project schedules.
- Understand and be able to implement site security requirements as defined by the Client's Physical Security Unit.
- Maintain knowledge on current versions of the International Building Code and Commentary (IBC), the Uniform Federal Accessibility Standards (UFAS), State of Alabama construction and environmental code, and all pertinent federal accessibility standards.
- Coordinate with Project Managers and other Client personnel/contractors, and other project team members on projects as necessary.
- Author and assist in the development of reports and studies.
- Exhibit good customer service skills and be a cooperative team player.
- Able to multitask and take on multiple projects or assignments simultaneously.
- Collaborate and assist in resolving critical and possibly controversial issues with a multi-disciplined team of architects, engineers and federal agency clients.
- Understand and be able to implement specifications and standards per Clients protocols.
- Perform as a consultant in the establishment of design standards and criteria for construction projects. Assist Client in development of changes or updates to their protocols.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering.
- 10 or more years of experience in civil engineering for commercial/government office building design and construction.
- PE Certification.
- Active, fully adjudicated Secret security clearance, with the ability to obtain a TS security clearance.
- Skilled in the use of AutoCAD and similar design tools.
- Able to use large format printers and scanners to support design tasks.
Ideally, you'll have:
- Active TS security clearance.