On a typical day, but not limited to the Field Specialist for Wireline Services in Broussard, LA is responsible for performing basic duties at the well site and shop under general supervision, ensuring compliance with all regulations applicable to Wireline (WLE) explosives operations. Promote and maintain good customer relations in order to maintain and grow the customer's status as the recognized leader within the oil service industry. All candidates must live within 1 hour of Broussard Facility to be able to meet the crew promptly for unscheduled calls.Essential Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision is fully competent in all aspects of operator duties at the well site and at the shop, can maintain the unit and perform all pre-job duties, well-site operations, and post-job duties, as well as training of junior operators.
- Is assigned a unit with all of the responsibilities to maintain it in the highest state of readiness.
- Maintains records and communications as required by District Manager.
- Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with all Federal, Country, State, Local, and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations, and arrive at the well site or other designated destination at a scheduled time.
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements, and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of oil and gas experience
- 5+ years of Wireline Services experience
- 5+ years of experience working onshore and offshore
- Knowledge of all Federal, Country, State, Local, and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations
- TWIC, safegulf, HUET certification a plus.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Professional appearance and manners required.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Strong knowledge of the oil and gas industry and product line.
Based out of Broussard, LAAbout Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.