Skills: A B Seaman, Ships Deckhand / Deck Crew, Ships Mate / Officer
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Materials / Deck Operator for a new build offshore FPSO project located in the East Mediterranean.
We are supporting the development of an offshore field to support bringing gas to the market by 2021. The development of the fields shall be undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas will be produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids will be tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure will include three development wells.
The project will support with the preparation, start up and subsequent operation and maintenance of the deepwater gas development.
The position will initially be based in Singapore with ad hoc travel or rotational to East Mediterranean until 2021.
The Materials Planning Co-ordinator / Deck Operator will ensure that strategic material planning processes are in place to enable operational and production continuity. Takes a co-ordinating lead, working closely with internal and external parties to ensure supply of materials is in place to satisfy Client production requirements. Able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet FPSO production requirements. Liaising with onshore support team
This is a multi-disicplined role and candidates need to hold the OPITO Rigger \ Banksman and Offshore Firefighting ceritication as well as the Dangerous Goods certiciation.
General M arine Duties
- Reporting to Marine Team Lead and under direct supervision of Deck Foreman.
- Actively participating in embedding Company core values and culture to deliver safety as top priority . Proactively support compliance with Energean Life Saving Rules.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring that discipline activities are always completed safely and to a high standard
- To contribute discipline experience to the ongoing development of Energean Power project work methods and processes and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Working as part of small integrated deck operations team requiring multi-disciplinary role flexibility and providing support to other trades / disciplines where required,
- Carry out deck, marine and rigging activities as directed.
- Perform helideck duties as designated .
- Operate Tanker Mooring and Export Hose handling Equipment under supervision of Line Supervisor
- Perform day to day rigging activities as operations dictate.
- Fulfil Emergency Response role as required (i.e. Fire Team Member / Lifeboat Coxswain)
- Carry out weekly lifeboat, life raft and helideck monitor checks.
- In accordance with instruction from the Deck Foreman or other superiors, carry out maintenance work (including lubrication, greasing, cleaning, and painting) on hull, superstructure, cargo gear and other deck and process equipment and machinery as required
- Responsible for good housekeeping conditions in all areas
- Washing down modules and deck areas as well as other module cleaning duties
- Attend safety committee meetings and demonstrate safety awareness in the performance of normal work function.
- Ensure all certificates relevant to the discipline role are in date.
- Working 28/28 rotation on standard 12 hours shift with night shift working as required and delegated by Line Supervisor.
- Act as standby man / firewatcher when required.
- Assist with offloading of containers to appropriate storage areas.
- As part of the marine team accountable for all aspects of deck management ensuring walkways, escape routes and lay-down areas are kept clear of obstruction and have awareness of deck loading limits.
- Ensure all backload containers have appropriately tagged and sealed prior to backloading.
- Ensure waste management is carried out as per procedures, maximize recycling, maintaining correct segregation of waste materials and chemical storage areas as per waste management regulations.
- Ensure all backload containers are appropriately loaded and within their certified capacities and comply with the recognised standards, manufacturer's instructions, and statutory regulations. All lifting equipment to be used such as bridle slings and shackles should be certified, and colour coded.
Specialist role duties
- Liaising with onshore and offshore support teams.
- Ensure that Company material scheduling strategy and processes are in place and work effectively in order to ensure material supply meets production requirements with optimal stock levels.
- Manage inventory risks and highlight any shortfalls that require contingency plans.
- Ensure that MAXIMO CMMS system is in place is effective and that data is accurate and up to date and highlight any issues as required
- Ensure the integrity of Bill of Materials (BOM) and inventory accuracy at all times and manage and control inventory levels and movements
- Identify all incoming items and notifies appropriate supervision of their arrival and storage location, ensures correct identification/documentation of such items.
- Receipt and issue stores items maintain properly documented store records and carry out inventory of company plant and equipment as per the requirements/procedures.
- Check on materials received to verify accuracy of manifests and advise discrepancies so that appropriate adjustments can be made.
- Receive and action material requisitions in accordance with Supervisor's instructions.
- Oversee labelling processes to ensure correct parts/finished assemblies reach correct customers at the correct time
- Verify Material Requisitions (MR) to maintain proper level of inventory of all materials, including but not limited to the following - consumables, plant and equipment and construction material as required
- Ensure material distribution is executed as directed by Deck Foreman and all incoming materials shall be stored appropriately or placed in the correct storage area.
- Ensure all backload Airfreight items are correctly packaged clearly identified located in the freight storage area and required documentation delivered to the Deck Foreman
- Actively participation in maximizing efficiency of air logistics
- Ensure all Dangerous Goods are correctly packaged, labelled and stored ready for transportation prior to be backloaded. All storage, package and transportation of DG items should comply with IATA and IMDG regulations.
- Liaise with catering contractor to ensure timely delivery of perishable supplies
- Actively manage utilization of the FPSO storage areas
- Actively participate in the utilization of support vessel deck space
- Responsibility to ensure ownership of special tools and any TFMC commission spares etc that handed over to the Company.
Skills / Qualifications
- A number of years' experience in an offshore Materials / Stores role
- Previous experience working as part of offshore deck operations, prefreably on an FPSO vessel.
- Offshore BOSIET Survival Certification
- MIST Certification
- OPITO Combined Rigger/Banksman Slinger (Stage 1)
- OPITO Helideck Emergency Response Team Member (HERTM)
- OPITO Offshore Emergency Response Team Member (OERTM)
- OPITO Helideck Operations Initial Training (HOIT)
- ERT experience desirable
- Dangerous Goods by Sea & Air
- Restricted VHF
- Waste Management
- Knowledge of hazards associated with construction and commissioning of oil & gas facilities.
- General working knowledge of terminology and equipment used in the offshore production industry.
- Good working knowledge of general administration duties.
- Conversant with quality management principles.
- Conversant with environmental management principles.
- Education as a forwarder or alternatively as a storekeeper/warehouse administrator.
- Strong IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
- Good working knowledge and experience of using MAXIMO systems.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment for all activities.
- Detects, identifies, and reacts to abnormal conditions that might develop into emergency situations
- Communicates all required information regarding operations to the Line
- Responsible to ensure all activities prioritised by Deck Foreman are carried out as instructed.
- Responsible for ensuring any individual gaps in competency standards are closed out on a timely basis
- Adhere to control and storage procedures for lifting & hoisting equipment including accessories associated with crane lifting operations
PC Application Skills:
- IT literate with proficiency in word processing, report writing and delivering presentations
- Competent in communicating in English language.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to drive the MOC system offshore.
- Excellent communication and inter personal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation.
- Systematic and analytical approach to management of change and associated procedures.
- Ability to transform problems into a solutions with achievable outcome.
- Experience in coaching and training which will be crucial in developing national trainees.
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.