ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018. ENGIE are recruiting for a Hard Services Team Leader to be based in Cheshire West. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Team Leader is required to facilitate the delivery of all ENGIE-delivered hard-engineering services to various Clients. They are responsible for ensuring adherence to all relevant policies (including Health & Safety) by themselves and the members of their team. The role consists of, but is not limited to the following activities:
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- To contribute actively in the overall management of the Hard FM Team.
- To oversee the organisation and implementation of technical work programmes and activities with particular emphasis on planned maintenance activities.
- To take responsibility for specific projects or on-going areas of work and where appropriate leading technical and operational teams.
- Establish effective working relationships with other services to enable a full and effective service is provided on the whole.
- To lead in the recruitment of appropriate staff in accordance with correct procedures including those relating to equal opportunities.
- To communicate fully with staff at all levels within the Hard FM Team as appropriate.
- To participate in maintaining good employee relations within the Team at all levels.
- To apply all appropriate health and safety procedures and provide advice where necessary to other staff regarding their responsibilities in this area.
- To carry out Quality and Health & Safety audits in line with agreed SHEQ policies, applying to both in-house and subcontracted delivery
- To support the development of staff within the section to ensure that individuals achieve their maximum potential contribution.
- To ensure all staff appraisals, toolbox talks and 121s are undertaken.
- To manage sickness absence in accordance with procedure.
- Understand the aims and objectives of the Company and service area.
- Manage change operationally to reflect changes in policies, workload and environment. Identify and research new business opportunities.
- Ensure that all works operationally are carried out in accordance with the applicable Health and Safety Regulations, Legislation and good practice etc.
- Develop, encourage, monitor and maintain high standards of quality.
- To procure equipment and services in line with the procurement policy
- To provide technical and specialist advice to clients and stake holders so informed decisions can be made.
- To undertake site surveys as required, providing detailed reports and recommendations to stake holders.
- Attend sites regularly to ensure quality, progress and productivity through visual inspections and consultation with supervisors and operational staff. Identify and address problem areas.
- Be responsible for identifications and preparation of support data in respect of contractual claims and extensions of time.
- To provide clients, stakeholders and other interested parties with data and information on records and reports.
- Ensure all PPM activity is carried out in line with the agreed KPIs/SLAs.
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties as instructed by the Operations Manager.
- To plan and take part in the call out rota if necessary and for escalation.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as a team member and leader.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to liaise and work with clients and members of the public
- Ability to travel between the depot and work locations - full clean driving is license essential.
- 5 years+ experience of delivering Hard FM services
- Previous experience of management, supervision and team leadership
- A good understanding of Health and Safety Legislation within the construction environment.
- A confident communicator with good customer service skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload
- Administration skills
- NEBOSH desirable, IOSH essential
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021