Lead all aspects of power system transmission modeling for development of new power generation projects in USA and Canada. Priority will be for renewable energy projects developed by Engie North America Inc. The Engineering Senior Advisor will report directly to the Director of Transmission & Interconnection.
What you'll do:
- Primary focus is to perform transmission Analysis and modeling using PSS/E or PowerWorld (or other) and provide feasibility level analysis for development pipeline projects.
- Perform all aspects of transmission analysis for development of new power generation projects in USA and Canada.
- Accountable for delivering a turnkey service to the business developers.
- Capable of scoping, contracting and managing consultants and contractors for transmission analysis services when necessary.
- Provide and advise on conceptual transmission and interconnection designs for development pipeline projects.
- Responsible for providing all technical and cost information to the business developers that are required for the interconnection of the project (including system upgrades).
- Gain, capture, and grow transmission analysis subject matter expertise in power generation using the Company's tools and processes in order to increase the experience and the know-how of the Technical Services team.
- Provide subject matter leadership in transmission analysis tasks when subject matter expertise is utilized from contractors, plant personnel, or wider Company's resources in order to provide streamlined technical service.
- Share subject matter expertise within the Company's organization, and most especially within the Technical Services Team, using effective use of communication and content management system in order to distribute the gained value from each experience and help-build institutional memory in ENGIE North America Technical Services.
- Liaise with the members of the Engineering and Shared Services teams and utilize the local and global in-house experience and knowledge.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in power system modeling and analysis or related areas.
- Must have experience with using transmission and/or distribution modeling tools (PSS/E, PowerWorld, PSS/MUST, etc).
- Must have experience in nodal markets and LMP forecasting tools (UPLAN, Promod, Dayzer, etc).
- Knowledge and experience in transmission analysis with regards to developing and constructing power generation and storage assets in the Canadian provinces or the United States.
- Working experience in or direct interaction experience with one of the major regional transmission organizations such as ERCOT, MISO, CAISO, SPP and PJM.
- Must be able to interpret transmission system analysis studies and use that information to advise on business development projects and activities.
- Strong and elaborate verbal and written communication skills, especially when interacting with outside stakeholders such as government agencies and local communities is an essential part of the role.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021