Are you a Senior Level Accountant who enjoys being responsible for general ledger accounting and reporting activities for assigned entities? ENGIE currently has multiple Senior Accountant roles open to support specific client groups throughout the company.
What you'll do:
- Perform monthly and annual closing processes for assigned entities, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, variance analysis, and management reporting
- Perform accounting and reporting tasks, and meet reporting requirements for various entities. Interface with Partnership Accounting group and ensure accounting and reporting for assigned entities is performed in accordance with contract requirements
- Develop processes, drive continuous improvement, coordinate requirements upstream and downstream in the organization
- Interface with external auditors and preparation of financial schedules and required requests
- Assist Performance Control Analyst in the preparation of annual budget and annual long-term forecast
- Perform ad-hoc projects as needed, including those which may involve complex or advanced accounting concepts
- Comply with all ENGIE NA policies and procedures
What you bring:
- 5-7 years relevant experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) knowledge a plus.
- Experience in SAP a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal customers and external auditors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Deadline driven and ability to plan ahead to ensure smooth close processes
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. All related inquiries must be communicated through Talent Acquisition and not directed to ENGIE North America Managers. Failure to follow the ENA process may result in nonpayment of agency fees.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021