ENGIE has an immediate opening for a Senior Engineer
located in Highmore, South Dakota
. The Regional Engineer will be responsible for functions relating to Solar and Wind generation facilities betterment, facility efficiency monitoring, plant performance measurements, engineering and project coordination. Also included is maintenance and repair of Solar equipment, as well as substations and balance of plant equipment.
What you'll do:
- Participate and support site safety and environmental management systems; assure safety and environmental considerations are included in engineering products.
- Manage site engineering documents and design information to be accurate and of high quality.
- Use technical information, such as design information, operating experience and fundamental engineering principles, to resolve equipment performance problems and technical issues and to provide input to operational decisions.
- Monitor and evaluate equipment and system performance by examining and trending the results of condition-monitoring activities, reviewing equipment failures, analyzing availability/reliability information, and performing system walk downs. Follow-up actions, based on identified problems, trends, and root cause determinations, are timely and effective.
- Provide leadership and labor to troubleshoot and repair Solar and Wind site's operating and maintenance problems
- Manage internal labor and third-party services to repair and maintain solar generation equipment.
- Use proven RCA methodologies and tools to identify basic or causal factors in failure events or variances in performance to eliminate repeated occurrences and optimize performance.
- Ensure sites maintain electrical NERC and ERCOT compliance requirements
- Provide technical guidance support of site operations and maintenance procedures.
- Manage subcontractors during site maintenance outages as required.
- Evaluate and develop site improvement projects. Provide economic justification, develop RFQ's, evaluate bids and contract T&C's and award PO's, manage contractors, QA/QC monitoring, field change requests and develop budgets and manage cost control responsibilities for projects.
- Provide engineering and O&M support to other Engie solar sites as necessary
- Present engineering analysis plans and recommendations to site staff, management and directors.
- Available to serve as relief for Wind and Solar Regional Manager.
- Ability to travel for short term assignments as required.
- Utilize software-based purchasing, work order, preventative maintenance and inventory systems.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of the Wind & Solar sites and collaborate with members of the ENGIE team at other sites across various businesses.
- Work multiple projects including supporting future business development projects.
- Comply with all ENGIE NA policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Ability to perform demanding work at heights under adverse conditions and when participating in emergency activities.
- Ability to climb ladders and work in heights > 250 feet; enter confined spaces as required to complete assigned task.
- Enter and work in a confined space.
- Lift 50 lbs. of weight
- Eyesight corrected to 20/40 to accurately read and interpret instruments and gauges.
- Hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and portable radio communication.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering required
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience
- Reside or willing to relocate within 60 miles of the facility
- Desired working knowledge of Wind and Solar generation equipment, protection and isolation equipment, substations, static and dynamic reactive power equipment, electrical collection systems as well as SCADA control and HMI systems.
- Possess strong planning, scheduling and project management skills with the ability to plan and work independently.
- Possess strong computer and analytical skills.
- Provides strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills to manage and supervise people
- Must have and be able to maintain a valid driver's license.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021