Working in a team environment, ENGIE's Pricing and Portfolio Management Analyst II will participate in the pricing, structuring, portfolio management and profitability analysis of the Engie Resources (Supply) retail natural gas portfolio. Leveraging advanced analytics and other mathematical and programmatic techniques, the Analyst will identify opportunities, propose solutions and generate actionable insights in support and sales, pricing and portfolio management activities.
What you'll do:
- Research complex business problems and identify opportunities to design, develop, and propose actionable solutions in support of pricing, portfolio management and margin analysis activities.
- Support the development and enhancement of models and system platforms to support pricing and portfolio management activities.
- Participate in the development and calibration of historical and forward pricing curves for power, natural gas, ancillary services, renewable energy credits, fuel losses, demand and all other cost components of full requirements retail natural gas products.
- Analyze the price, usage and demand charge risk associated with serving customers on various retail natural gas products. Assign and price product structures as appropriate and in accordance with the Engie Resources product catalog and risk guidelines. Book executed retail transactions into the risk system.
- Research and produce ad-hoc analysis on market fundamentals, risk exposure, customer load characteristics, various cost components and regulatory issues to enhance competitiveness, optimize risk exposure and improve the profitability of the retail portfolio.
- Learn portfolio management activities including: supply procurement, basics of natural gas scheduling and pipeline functions, produce and reconcile daily position and mark to market reports, calculate bandwidth tolerance and termination costs, and aggregate revenue and cost data to measure portfolio margin.
- Leverage analytical techniques on large data sets to produce actionable analysis on customer buying behavior, competitive trends and profitability of various customer segments.
- Coordinate with various functional groups to review and validate customer revenue and natural gas settlement data to gain insights into portfolio profitability. Provide insight into the drivers of portfolio value from budget development through final settlement.
- Support new product development activities through coordination with various internal functional groups.
- Operate as a team member with all employees of ENGIE North America staff.
- Comply with all ENGIE North America policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline is required - Majors in Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science are preferred.
- 2-5 years of general business experience. Master or MBA degree can be considered in lieu of business experience.
- Natural Gas industry experience preferred.
- Problem solving, strong analytical and statistical skills and ability to convey complex technical analysis to a broader audience including senior leadership.
- Understanding of energy market fundamentals, including customer usage properties and pricing methodologies.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency of MS Excel.
- Experience in extraction, transformation and management of large quantities of data using such tools as VBA, SQL, Microsoft Power BI.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think logically and with clear reasoning.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage stressful situations.
- Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy and autonomy.
- Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
- Could involve some lifting.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 11, 2021