EEMNA's Power Congestion Analyst II will report to the Director of Congestion Trading and is responsible for providing fundamental analytics in Power/Congestion markets.
What you'll do:
- Execute production cost models (Dayzer preferred) by systematically analyzing and updating the inputs as appropriate
- Develop and execute appropriate scenario studies pertinent to the period of study and systematically analyzing the results
- Develop systematic and repeatable approach to form fundamental views with respect to congestion trading
- Analyze and determine drivers of Day Ahead and Real Time congestion market outcomes based on macro-fundamentals (supply, demand, renewables) and mirco-fundamentals (specific transmission and generation outage impacts, bids, facility limits)
- Identify model gaps by calibrating the model results to market outcomes and determine appropriate solutions
- Recommend and implement process improvements to the enhance fundamental tradin
- Perform point-to-point trading in ERCOT markets as required
- Assist power traders with ad-hoc fundamental analyses
- Participate in ISO meetings as appropriate and assess commercial impacts
- Assist in trading functions as appropriate
- Collaborate with risk and compliance teams to review and improve trade controls
- Collaborate with IT personnel to maintain and improve trade tools
What you bring:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in relevant disciplines (Engineering/Business/Finance)
- 2-5 years of experience in wholesale electricity markets, specifically congestion analysis
- Strong understanding of powerflow shift factors, line-outage distribution factors and contingency analysis concepts
- Strong analytical skills
- A strong working knowledge of fundamentals of ERCOT, SPP or MISO transmission grid
- Clear and effective communicator
- Willingness to engage in dialogue and debate with colleagues
- Proficient in SQL and VB or Python
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, encourage, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance, and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Jan 7, 2021