Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Wood is one of the top ranked international design and construction firms by ENR magazine. The Project Controls Specialist will support the Construction and Remediation Group that performs large construction projects for multiple business sectors. This position will provide project planning, scheduling, cost tracking, and project financial support for these projects. The position will report to the Construction & Remediation Group Project Controls Lead.
Primary duties will be preparing and maintaining project schedules, tracking cost, performing earned value analysis, working with project managers to prepare estimate to complete, and other project controls related activities. Other duties may include assisting in the preparation and revision of corporate project controls and project management procedures.
Job location : US Based PMO Offices (Preferred Charlotte, Tampa or Philadelphia)
Key Responsibilities :
- Utilize project management systems to update and manage project budgets, commitments, expenditures and forecasts
- Developing WBS and project coding structures using Primavera software
- Developing and maintaining cost loaded schedules for both design and construction related projects
- Conduct project performance analysis using earned value techniques
- Support reporting requirements for invoice submittals and monthly status reports
- Maintain project budget and forecast spending plans
- Downloading and analyzing project expenditures, commitments, and invoicing data
- Provide proposal support to include schedules, reports, cost analysis, and other Primavera supporting functions
- Utilize in house proprietary project controls software and applications
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related discipline
- 10+ years project controls/cost-schedule experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Access
- Proficiency with Primavera
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel on an as needed basis
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.