Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, England, United Kingdom
Please be aware this is an expression of interest job role only
Job title: Compex Electrician
Job ID: 2021-81671
Wood is looking to speak to Compex Electricians, who are local to the Hertfordshire area, for potential work at one of it's client sites.
Purpose / Role
- To carry out Planned/Preventative maintenance routines as well as attend breakdowns on a wide range of equipment across a Secondary Pharmaceutical Plant, or other Electrical work as directed by the client.
- To ensure that all work is completed in a safe manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment.
- To deliver a very proactive, consistent and high quality service to the client, in full accordance with maintenance, site and company standards/requirements, to the relevant standards and procedures.
- To work with the client to ensure timely completion, to a very high standard and in line with schedules/department goals.
Key aims and objectives
- To perform all works to the highest level of safety
- To work closely with the client and ensure he/she is happy with the standard of work.
- To quickly integrate well into an already established team and demonstrate excellent team-working skills, as well as the ability to work alone and think on your feet
Prime responsibilities and duties
- Carry out Planned/Preventative maintenance routines as well as attend breakdowns on a wide range of equipment across a Secondary Pharmaceutical Plant. This could also include isolation and testing of electrical equipment, including glanding and termination of cables.
- Potential for working in HAZARDOUS areas.
- Read, understand and implement all applicable maintenance policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the electrical workscope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required
- Generate/have a thorough understanding of Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete workscopes in a safe and controlled manner.
- Have a thorough understanding of Permit to Work (PTW) systems.
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship
- Technical qualifications with applicable electrical background - City and Guilds / NVQ Level 3 / SJIB / JIB AM2 (not applicable for apprenticeships prior to 1983)
- Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc
- IEE Minimum 17th Edition
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.