Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Other Skills: ctrm
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Doha, Qatar
Our client is a reputable oil operator. For one of their Finance/ Trading teams we are recruiting a Settlement Lead.
Manage invoicing, settlements, cash & collection of physical, financial and freight trading activities related to the LNG desk.
- Build a trading settlements function in a startup environment, develop settlement procedures and ensure settlement procedures are continuously updated.
- Lead invoice creation, distribution, reconciliation, checkout and settlement of physical, financial and freight LNG trade settlements including contract terms review, from CTRM system and SAP.
- Manage offset between counterparties.
- Review contracts/ service agreements for settlement purposes, record and check payment due dates, perform price confirmation with counterparties, apply netting where applicable and billing/ invoicing of sales both provisional and final invoices where applicable.
- Ensure compliance with trading standards and applicable regulatory requirements
- Ensure correct tax treatment of invoices.
- Process secondary costs such as: freight, insurance, inspections, demurrage and port costs
- Supply weekly cash forecasting for Treasury
- Liaise with traders and operators proactively to resolve disputes, clear overdue AR/AP items and non-allocated cash.
- Provide KPI and Trading performance analysis information
- Carry out Month end reconciliation of CRTM vs SAP
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Educated to bachelor's degree level with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Extensive work-based experience in Commodity/ Energy trading settlements is necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance or accounting.
- Settlement experience and Trade Finance/ LC Knowledge.
- Experience in working with CTRM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP.
Ably Resources is an innovative, results focused recruitment consultancy building its reputation by consistently delivering the right people to the right job! We deliver cost effective permanent, contracting and temporary staffing services.
Our dedicated team believes in the importance of networks and industry knowledge. We work in partnership with a large range of clients from small, independent companies through to global blue chip organisations.
Our aim is to build and maintain long-term working relationships with our clients. Employers can trust us to offer tailor-made and cost-effective solutions to their recruitment problems, and jobseekers can trust us to deliver a discreet and dedicated service that will help them make the very best of their specialist skill-set.