Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Skills: Business Development
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.Lake ZurichIllinois
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (FOOD/AGRICULTURE TESTING SERVICES)
LOCATION: REMOTE- MIDWEST US AREA
- Responsible for "Serving Safely" ensuring work is conducted in accordance with Bureau Veritas Health, Safety and Environmental policies and leading by example with a focus on safety first
- Strategic sales, marketing and business lead for new and emerging sources of revenue.
- Leads Agriculture Services team to improve client focus.
- Lead the Key Account Management team, collaborating with other divisions to provide tools and programs to drive new revenue growth and understanding of Agriculture services.
- Facilitate negotiations and other business contracts and approvals per delegation of authority
- Collaborate with Division Heads in relation to marketing and commercial efforts
- Manage the Agriculture division's profitability and long term success through clear strategy and sales planning
- Effectively balance and manage required meetings, attendance and responsiveness relating to requests from upper management and functional leaders
- Creation and management of key account plans
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Meets assigned standard/ target for revenue and profitability
- Consistent attainment of company sales growth goals
- Ability to obtain signed client contracts, negotiated in the best interests of Bureau Veritas North America
- Ability to set and meet annual sales budget to achieve company objectives
- Demonstrated initiative in acquiring new product knowledge, keeping current with product changes and new product development activities
- Management and mitigation of customer complaint issues
- Management of company sales system
- Alignment with regional sales management
- Engagement with customer organization at all levels to ensure is fully represented
- 2-5 years' experience across multiple areas of Agriculture Testing Inspection and Certification business management and operations: Sales/Marketing, Business Development, Key Account Management, Product Development, Client Services, Strategy, Operations, Governance and/or operational
- Ability to lead by example and coach via strong and positive influential presence
- Experience creating presentations, business plans and presenting and delivering to various stakeholder levels
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong communication skills required
- Willingness to learn and to rapidly adapt to changing market conditions
- Ability to travel
- Role is Eligible for Bureau Veritas bonus program
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
An employee in this position typically works in an office environment with controlled climate. This
position requires extensive travel to client offices and job sites.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and work with
computer systems for extended periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20
pounds. The vision requirements include: ability to adjust focus, distance vision and close vision.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.