Requisition ID: 232134 Requisition Posting End Date: 01/20/2021
Bechtel is seeking Strategy Managers to be key members of our Corporate Planning group. Bechtel's Corporate Planning group leads enterprise-level financial forecasting and reporting, strategy development, and supports executive decision making. The Strategy Manager plays a high impact role leading strategy engagements to support executive decisions and help shape the future of the company. Role Overview:
Basic Qualifications: Education:
- Leads a broad range of strategy engagements (e.g., assessments of new markets, portfolio analysis, competitor dynamics, etc.).
- Analyzes macro and industry trends and dynamics to make data-informed and actionable strategic recommendations.
- Prepares presentations and reports to communicate analysis and recommendations to executives.
- Supports development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the enterprise strategic planning process and materials.
- Maintains macro, industry, customer, and competitor knowledge.
- Maintains a database of "go-to" resources for staying up to speed on priority markets.
- Manages project-specific teams and partners with other members of the Corporate Planning team and leaders in Global Business Units, Functions, and Services.
- Support Global Business Units with ad hoc strategic analysis as requested.
- High visibility role that requires executive-level communication and partnering.
- Reports to the Manager of Corporate Planning.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field of study preferred.
- MBA or related advanced degree or significant progress towards completion of degree preferred.
- At least eight years of professional experience.
- At least two years of experience in strategy, banking, consulting, or corporate development.
- At least one year of management experience.
- Experience in the engineering, construction, banking, or consulting industries preferred.
- Able to work effectively with a high degree of autonomy.
- Strong research, analytical, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
- Able to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- Experience project managing multiple concurrent workstreams and meeting deadlines.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, building consensus, and influencing outcomes.
- High aptitude to learn quickly and assimilate information into concise summaries.
- Ability to develop a viewpoint based on industry analysis while justifying and clearly communicating underlying assumptions.
- Demonstrates curiosity, self-learning, and continuous process improvement.
- Comfortable working with cross-functional and distributed teams.
- Able to drive progress and lead teams without authority.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity and instills trust at all times.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with multiple variables and a high degree of uncertainty.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executive leadership, management, and staff.
- Clear and direct verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex analysis in a simple way.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.