Requisition ID: 232125 Requisition Posting End Date: Bechtel Overview
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values -ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants -integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver. Project Overview
This position is for an aviation project in Ireland.Bechtel will be working in an integratedteam with our client to support the delivery of a Capital Investment Planof circa €2bn within an operating airport environment.
The ideal candidate would be a team player capable of adaptation to an integrated team environment. A driven self-starter, confident, agile, articulate and capable of leading change by example. Collaborative and flexible to meet all the demands of the client. Role Overview
The Contract Administrator will be responsible for acting as the Client's representative in the administration of contractual obligations. The role holder will liaise with the appropriate part(s) of the organisation to ensure contractual compliance and support the achievement of the Client's strategic intent. The Contract Administrator will effectively manage the contractual communications system for the Client and will provide advice on NEC Contract Matters. Main Responsibilities
Basic & Preferred Experience
- Ensure compliance with Contract Management standards and contractual terms and conditions in the execution of the contracts.
- Implement agreed contract management strategies.
- Monitor target KPI's within Incentive Schedules within NEC contracts and review performance against these.
- Provide advice on all contract administration issues, including compensation events, early warnings and applications for payment, final assessment and manage the necessary communications.
- Review compensation event applications, quotations, assessments and make recommendations.
- Leading and managing a team of contract administrators.
- Maintain a working relationship with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing contract administration.
- Provide the Project Manager with reviews and analysis of the contract financial data.
- 10+ years experience of effective contract administration.
- 7+ years experience in administrating of NEC suite of contracts.
- Experience of monitoring Contractor and/ or Consultant performance.
- Experience in claims management.
- Experience in managing contracts to KPI's and Incentive Schedules.
- Experience in developing and implementing contract management strategies.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary programme team.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to write reports and present.
- Understanding of CEMAR and Unifier.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE HAS NO RELOCATION ALLOWANCE Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Bachelor's degree in law / quantity surveying / project management.
- Professional membership of a recognized body preferred.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.