Skills: Rotating Equipment
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for an Offshore Rotating Equipment Engineer with extensive experience in the offshore oil and gas industry, preferably in the Gulf of Mexico.
The position is to work offshore in Equatorial Guinea, on a rotational basis the normal working rotation 4 weeks on / 4 weeks off, but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
The Rotating Equipment Specialist (RES) will be the subject matter expert for turbine and motor driven gas compressors and turbine driven generators. RES will lead troubleshooting and repair efforts for mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and PLC logic related systems for platform rotating equipment. Position requires strong experience on GE LM2500 gas turbines and Solar Mars gas turbines.
The Rotating Equipment Specialist is a senior member of the cross functional Maintenance team and works to ensure safe, reliable, and cost-effective operation and maintenance of all major rotating equipment.
This offshore position reports via the Maintenance Foreman to the Maintenance Manager.
- Directly support the Operations Team in fault diagnosis and root cause failure analysis of major rotating equipment problems using a systematic approach.
- Time will be equally split between mechanical systems, controls systems duties and include daily monitoring of equipment such as starting, stopping and making adjusting to optimize gas compression.
- Identifies declining performance and efficiency.
- Plans and performs routine repairs and maintenance activities on rotating equipment and associated control systems. Perform routine Level 1 inspections on GE LM2500 gas generator/PTG25 power turbines. Perform 6-month and annual inspections on Solar Mars 90 gas turbines. Experience in using borescopes is a must.
- Perform routine repairs and maintenance activities on electric, electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic instruments and components according to manufacturers' recommendations and company requirements
- Interface with BHGE & Solar, Project Managers, Technical Support and Field Service Reps.
- Monitor, Review and recommend actions for OEM Service and Safety Bulletins.
- Recommends and assists in developing maintenance policies, routines, and frequencies.
- Develop maintenance procedures for major pieces of rotating equipment associated with routine repairs, as well as Turnarounds.
- Develop spare part strategy for new installations and oversee implementation. Also review spare part strategy for existing equipment as needed.
- Ensure system and control drawings are kept up to date and accurate
- Maintain rotating equipment logic programs and system files backups
- Liaise with equipment manufacturers to add/modify PLC logic in accordance with NEEG procedures and document such changes.
- Assist other personnel with equipment repairs and other duties assigned by Supervisor
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping and personal hygiene
- Follow company requirements to execute equipment isolations for assigned tasks
#rz #ZR # wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Associate \ Engineering Degree or relevant technical qualification.
- Certified technical apprenticeship
- A number of years relevant experience in a similar position offshore, preferably in the Gulf of Mexico
- Offshore BOSIET Survival Certification.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of rotating equipment mechanical systems, process control systems, electronic and pneumatic process controls, logic control, distributed controls, and metering systems, including best maintenance practices, troubleshooting, and repairs
- Perform pre-job planning and hazard assessment, and risk assessment
- Advanced knowledge and application of Automation and Controls theory, ladder logic and appropriate level mathematical skills
- Advanced knowledge of HMI Systems (GE Cimplicity)
- Advanced knowledge of PLC Systems (Allen Bradley, GE Mark VIe, Solar TT4000S), fluid power systems, ESD and fire and gas detection systems
- Advanced equipment condition monitoring (Bentley Nevada, GE RM&D) techniques and analysis
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of pressure, level, temperature and flow electronic systems and pneumatic loops, including testing and fault finding
- Equipment isolation LOTO processes and Permit to Work
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of control valve operation, trip systems, including fault finding and testing
- Knowledge of offshore oil and gas facility emergency procedures and safety systems
- Ability to read, understand and follow schematics, technical manuals, procedures, PFD's, P&ID's, Safe Charts and one-line electrical diagrams#
- Use FAT data and condition monitoring data to detect problems and identify trends
PC Application Skills:
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Communicate in a clear and effective manner using written and verbal English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.