ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018. ENGIE are recruiting for a Mobile Electrician to be based in Kingston upon thames. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The role will work across two student accommodation campuses. The sites are currently undergoing refurbishment in phases over the next 2 years and will subsequently maintained for the proceeding 50 years. The sites are based in Kingston and will require supporting other local contracts from time to time.
- The role will be the electrical lead for the contract and as such must be capable of obtaining Electrical Appointed Person (AP) status following internal assessment by the ENGIE Authorising Engineer (AE).
- The role will ensure all aspects of mechanical and electrical systems are maintained in optimal working order and in compliance with all contractual and legislative requirements.
- Manage adherence to Planned and Reactive tasks.
- Manage subcontractors in accordance with H&S legislation.
- The role is Mon-Fri working 40 hours a week on a shift pattern covering 7am-7pm, with a 1 in 4 week call out rota
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Fault finding, minor repairs and installation alongside general maintenance services.
- Ensure that specialist subcontractor service visits are completed efficiently, and quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the management team.
- Support other engineers and operatives in the region as and when required and liaise with other members of direct and indirect staff to carry out duties effectively and with minimal disruption.
- While the role will be electrically biased, as the contracts electrical lead, there will be a need to join in with the wider team and undertake all spectrum of FM maintenance activities when required.
- Assist in the preparation of company reports, work sheets and support service level agreements and procedures as required.
- Carry out duties within company safety policy and advise line manager of all situations which could affect the safety of people or property.
- Circa 5 years relevant experience working as an electrician in an FM environment.
- LV Authorised Person (AP) experience (Advantageous).
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship or similar.
- C&G Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeded.
- 17th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation (Ability to attain 18th Edition through additional training).
- C&G 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification (Advantageous).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- Have good IT and report writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off-site training for MEP assets, this may require nights away from home due to the nature of the specialist training such as HV Authorised Person and Confined Spaces.
- A high level of initiative, with drive to continuously improve the operation.
- Advanced communication skills with a full understanding of customer needs & expectations
- Ability to comprehend and act upon both verbal and written instructions
- Enthusiasm and demonstration of pro-activity, diligence and alertness, with the willingness to participate in appropriate internal training programmes.
- Integrity, honesty and punctuality is a must.
Note to internal applicants: Please log in at the top right corner under "employee sign in" to apply for this role.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Feb 15, 2021