Requisition ID: 232030 Requisition Posting End Date: 01/19/2021 Project Description:
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel's government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy's largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration's largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF Project has multiple work schedules that are subject to change and may require employees to work overtime and/or nightshift when a business need arises. Work schedule and overtime are to be approved in advance by supervisors.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete a security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable. Position Scope
You will be working as part of the Systems Engineering team, reporting to System Engineering EGS, responsible for Configuration and Requirements Management. This involves exploration of system and facility concepts and requirements, development of associated architectures, and development/investigation of innovative concepts, approaches and solutions in conjunction with the appropriate engineering phase and/or milestone.Role Overview:
- Understand system design and operation, including applicability and conformance to nationally recognized codes and standards.
- Execute configuration management packages to maintain technical baseline requirements.
- Demonstrate understanding of handling the following processes: Technical Change Control; Nonconformance Reports; Supplier Deviation Requests; Field Change Requests; Etc.
- Review Project design and other documents for requirement implementation and verification.
- Maintain overall cognizance of systems and be responsible for system engineering support for design, procurement, and construction.
- Maintain interface between design authority and design agency for requirements management.
- Be proactive and intuitive with increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of work processes.
- Support defining facility/system design requirements, and allocating these requirements to systems, structures and components.
- Support system-level design verification, requirements verification, test requirements specification, and requirements flowdown and traceability.
- Perform impact analyses for proposed requirement changes.
- Perform periodic assessments to validate implementation and traceability of requirements into design.
- Coordinate and facilitate technical discussions to resolve system design issues.
- Help validate and verify technical requirements using DOORS® software.
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college with 1 year of related experience. Related experience includes, but is not limited to, requirements management activities and databases, building system models, capturing/developing requirements, functional analysis and architecture development, and performing design and/or requirements change impact analyses. In lieu of a degree, 7 years of related experience required.
- Must be able to complete a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Ability to obtain an EIT certificate, or equivalent INCOSE Systems Engineering certificate, within 12 months of hire.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- Familiarity with the Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Knowledge of Bechtel Corporate guides and standards.
- Understanding of procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ASME-NQA-1, MIL-Q-9858A, or ISO-9000.
- Experience with systems engineering on DOE or DOD projects.
- Experience working on a large, complex EPC contract.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.