Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
PROJECT FINANCE & CONTROLS
SR. PROJECT FINANCE SPECIALIST
Primary Purpose of Job
• Develop and manager funding programme and financing structures of all QP related new projects and secure limited/ non recourse long-term financings wherever applicable from the international financial market on optimal financial, economic and commercial terms and consistent with Corporate and State of Qatar policies for QP, its subsidiaries and JV's huge/mega projects .
• Closely work with Commercial Directorate to complete financial and tax due diligence for all new projects and plan and schedule funding / financing structures and programme and to ensure risks and liabilities are adequately addressed in projects agreements.
• A degree in a relevant discipline (Finance, Accounting). Post graduate degree / MBA or professional qualification (CA, FCCA, ICMA) highly desirable.
Experience & Skills
• At least 12 years Post Qualifying within Project Finance environment, with at least 5 years direct experience in Project Financing.
• The position is the primary representative of QP in the financing meetings (including technical / financial planning and negotiation meetings) with senior representatives from major institutions, international advisors and law firms. It must therefore have a strong credibility and standing and must also be seen to posses such qualify by appropriate job title. A very high level of technical and specialized knowledge in according and reporting, project cash flows etc.; as well as other disciplines like legal, contracts, marketing etc. High level of negotiation, interpersonal, supervising and management skills. In depth understanding of global economic and political issues and their impact on industry and company performance.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa