Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
We seek a bright and highly-motivated professional that can join our Nabors International Tax team as an Senior Tax Analyst - International Tax. We'll look to your knowledge in technical practices and processes to provide value to keep the ETR low, improve cash positions, maintain accurate reporting, advise business units and assist in audits and tax planning initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, analyze and respond to U.S. international and foreign tax issues.
- Assist in monitoring new U.S. and foreign tax law and assist with determining tax impact for the company.
- Have a basic understanding of international tax treaties.
- Prepare technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos and summaries.
- Assist with implementation and documentation of initiatives to reduce direct and indirect taxes by working closely with local teams and tax advisors under supervision of International Tax Manager.
- Have a basic understanding of transfer pricing methodologies and documentation requirements.
- Assist with transfer pricing compliance coordination and in review of documentation for foreign jurisdictions.
- Tax Compliance/Financial Reporting
- Prepare quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax accruals.
- Review foreign tax returns and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors to ensure they are accurately and timely filed.
- Calculate return to provision adjustments.
- Consider uncertain tax positions, assist in documenting the company's positions and calculate FIN 48 reserves as necessary.
- Prepare tax basis balance sheets for international operations.
- Provide internal control documentation required by Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Prepare tax estimates, budgets, and tax forecast reports.
- Support U.S. international tax compliance as needed.
- Assist with foreign tax audits, coordinating with local finance managers and local tax advisors, preparing tax research, and helping defend and document company transactions.
- Continuously attain professional knowledge by monitoring emerging practices and technologies to develop trusted advisor status.
- Connect with various business teams to understand technical issues and operations as well as build relationships.
- Suggest improvements to processes, products, and documentation as appropriate.
- Develop annual goals and review progress regularly with the International Tax Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with tax focus.
- 4+ years international tax experience in Big 4/Law Firm or a large corporate tax department.
- Experience working on international tax planning projects, tax treaty analysis, or foreign jurisdiction tax analysis.
- Experience preparing/reviewing tax provisions in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Strong analytical skills with ability to self-review and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and processes quickly through excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Fluent in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- CPA or CPA Candidate is preferred but not required.
- Masters in Tax, JD or LLM preferred but not required.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Enjoys interacting with people to achieve outstanding results.
- Emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaboratively work with others
- Ability to confidently prioritize complex projects and demands
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize that addresses strict deadlines while achieving intended results.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs