Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a n Intermediate/ Senior Architect . Reporting to the Civil, Structural, and Architectural Department Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing architectural leadership in a multi-disciplinary professional environment , primarily in the Transmission and Distribution (T&D) industry.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic and self-motivated professional with in-depth project and practical experience who thrives on challenges in a fast-paced environment.
Preparing studies, layouts and detailed design for industrial projects located throughout North America and abroad
- Writing specifications and contract documents and reviewing project documents for scope, presentation, and technical accuracy
- Overseeing the work of staff throughout various project stages - from conceptual, feasibility, and detailed design to construction
- Leading and coordinating project team members
- Liaising and coordinating with various stakeholders and local authorities
- Creating an environment that fosters technical excellence, accuracy, and timeliness
- Leading and mentoring intermediate and junior staff
- Providing assistance to design and construction teams
- Traveling to and visiting project sites during various stages of a project
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years focusing on industrial projects
- Registered Architect AIBC in the province of British Columbia
- A willingness to travel
- Familiar with Canadian and US building codes and regulations
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational, technical, writing, communication, and computer skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.