London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Technical Manager, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Due to continuing success in the offshore wind sector, Wood is seeking a talented offshore wind EIA/DCO project manager/director to join its growing offshore wind team based in London, Reading or Glasgow.
Wood's unrivalled market position is built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from site selection and consenting, through to design and delivery. We support our clients throughout the entire project life cycle and in doing so act as trusted partner. As a result, we have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means that we can offer exciting and varied career opportunities in the offshore renewables and wider energy transition space.
We pride ourselves in combining our industry wide DCO experience, digital EIA approach and in-depth knowledge of the wind sector to deliver cost effective solutions for our clients. Our team has a proven track record of delivering consents for high profile offshore wind projects and we are now in a position to expand the team to enable continued success in this exciting market. Given the industry activity, it is likely that this role will evolve over time, from an offshore wind project manager to a project director/ strategic lead position on a portfolio of projects. The individual responsibilities of these stages are provided below:
- Main client contact for an offshore wind project;
- Lead multidisciplinary team to deliver the EIA and all its associated deliverables;
- Manage and maintain the multi-million pound project consenting budget, risk register and schedule and issue periodic progress reports;
- Escalate key risks, decisions and issues to the client and senior management and ensure key decisions are integrated back into the project;
- Responsible for the quality of the EIA deliverables ensuring consistency between on and offshore elements and that overall project aspects are considered appropriately;
- Interface with the wider project stakeholders including the client's engineering team (project envelope, design and mitigation), planners, consultation leads (materials, event attendance), lawyers (DCO requirements) etc; and
- Represent the project to key stakeholders, regulators and industry as required.
Project Director/ Strategic Lead:
- Build the pipeline of offshore wind work by developing existing contacts and building new industry contacts;
- Project Director for a portfolio of projects comprising direction to the EIA team, accountability for all deliverables, providing EIA and wider DCO strategic advice and troubleshooting to the Project, senior client and stakeholder representative;
- Grow, manage and lead the offshore wind team and support strategic leadership of the wider EIA team;
- Key client relationship manager for a key client account and bid sponsor on select wider strategic bids outside offshore wind; and
- Promote the Wood brand to the offshore wind industry and support development of the 'One Wood' offer internally.
Given the scale, reach and depth of Wood, there are significant opportunities for ongoing and structured career development across Wood's wider business.
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in delivering EIA's for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the offshore wind sector and be familiar with the Development Consent Order process as well as the Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations. This experience will ideally (although not essentially) have involved project leadership throughout the project lifecycle from Scoping through to Examination.
- A technical leader in EIA with e xperience of providing technical direction at a project level. The candidate will have excellent reporting and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively within a team, seeking technical input from other disciplines to deliver carefully considered solutions to produce high quality work.
- Well networked in the offshore wind industry with a proven track record of winning work with a variety of clients in the sector.
- An accomplished staff manager particularly leading multi-disciplinary teams as project manager.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry.
- Experienced in commercial and business management including management and responses to strategic bids, monthly reporting, resourcing and recruitment
- Willingness to travel, including possible international travel.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study)
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body
- Full driving licence
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.