NextEra Energy Resources
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy (NEE) is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Renewable Operations Control Center (ROCC) team as a Cyber Security Manager/Area Access Manager that will be responsible for managing the ROCC NERC CIP infrastructure and adhering to corporate compliance policies. The position will be based out of Juno Beach, Florida and will provide cyber security support for existing and new control systems/networks, site troubleshooting, response to cyber events and life cycle projects.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Provides full-time technical support to ROCC and compliance personnel
· Maintains cyber & physical access to meet corporate standards and/or NERC CIP standards
· Performs duties related to asset management including but not limited to inventory of systems
· Executes weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual reviews & documentation based on corporate compliance standards and/or NERC CIP Regulations
· Works closely with SME (Subject matter experts) and vendors to complete project goals including audits, vulnerability assessments, mitigations & other various activates as needed.
· Supports cyber security improvement and Life cycle projects
· Preparation of documentation in support of audits and maintaining compliance of PGD Sites in the area of the Corporate and/or NERC CIP Regulations
·Working knowledge and understanding of NERC CIP regulatory standards and processes
· Understanding of security principles and good knowledge of cyber security technologies
· Understanding of network architecture and topologies
· Ability to perform monitoring and troubleshooting of cyber security problems.
· Fundamental knowledge of Firewall security
· Project Management experience
· Ability to troubleshoot Network Switches and Routers on a Plant Control or Process Data Networks
· Knowledge of the latest standard practices for communication protocols and browser technologies
· General knowledge of a typical Distributive Control System (DCS).
· Knowledge of third party datalink protocols (Modbus, DNP, ABPLC, etc.), that interface to DCS Control Systems.
· System audit skills and/or information security experience (certifications)
Our Success Begins With Our People. Come join the NextEra Energy team of over 15,000 employees, located in 28states and Canadawhich provide safe, reliable and affordable electricity to our customersJob Overview
This job applies diversified knowledge of technical principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields. Individuals in the job use advanced techniques and modification and extension of theories, precepts, and practices in individual's field. Employees in this role devise new solutions to problems encountered. Individuals will receive guidance related largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters and may receive technical guidance for unusual or complex problems.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel
- Performs system testing and documentation to critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade
- Analyzes and identifies the root cause of - and implements comprehensive technical solutions to - complex application deficiencies and system issues
- Provides technical leadership in the functional specification, design, and implementation of new (as well as enhancements to existing) security center applications and tools
- Develops new (and improves existing) processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets
- Establishes, documents, and maintains procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel
- Travels to power plants for onsite troubleshooting support
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 2+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 0+ years
NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-DN1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: