Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Skills: Accounting, IT - SAP / ERP, Payroll
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Under general supervision, applies knowledge of the company's business systems, business processes and controls, including policies and procedures, relative to the location and department assigned. Demonstrates understanding of organizational structure and core businesses of the company and industry. Performs activities involving complex accounting reports and accounting analyses with related spreadsheets and applications input. Prepares and posts journal vouchers for complex accounting transactions. Reviews and monitors financial transactions for accuracy and timeliness. Researches and resolves complex accounting issues and transactions including related internal controls. Prepares, analyzes, and distributes financial results including variance explanations. Participates in multi-functional teams and develops project management skills. Demonstrates knowledge in moderately complex aspects of general accounting, internal controls, company policy, financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, and financial applications, as well as intermediate levels of proficiency with industry and company acumen. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounting related roles required. Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or related field. Knowledge of US GAAP or country-specific accounting principles required.
This position is responsible for the delivery of International Payroll Tax services, including operations support, to Halliburton entities for US regions in accordance with Company Service Level Agreements that will ensure accuracy and timeliness as well as full compliance with legislation, company policy and control procedures. The position requires critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to continuously look to improve the efficiency of day-to-day International tax operations through work process improvements.
Graduate / PG
Total Years of Experience:
8-12 year's US payroll operation and international taxation.
- Working knowledge of US statutory tax legislation and payroll compliance.
- Working knowledge of U.S. tax returns for international computers, and foreign tax credits.
- Fundamentals of Payroll Certification ( FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional ( CPP) qualification desirable.
- Working knowledge of a SAP Payroll/HR system.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Evidence of a confident communication style and clear written communication.
- Resilience and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment to
deliver results with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ownership and Management of payroll functions related to International tax for U.S. Expats, Inpats working in the U.S., Canadian Commuters, and U.S. Citizens or Green-Card holders paid on a local payroll. Expertise in Hypo Tax & Imputed income calculation.
- Determine and remit appropriate monthly and estimated tax payments for U.S. paid Expats
- Track Inpats working in U.S., and remit applicable payroll taxes on a monthly basis. Review refunds checks related to prior years to determine if a W2C is needed, and process any W2C's.
- Evaluate the TEQ's prepared by consultant for U.S paid Expats & Commuters, and determine if taxes are owed to the taxing authorities, or if employees owe the company, for imputation of income or establishing receivables, respectively.
- Validate the final TEQ's and Tax Allocations, for tax remittances and annual tax form preparation.
- Provide confidential payroll details to consultant when they have income-sourcing questions related to employee's W2, CO2, localized income vs tax equalized, and if a W2 has been issued for employees inbound to the US.
- Respond to inquiries from consultant and International Tax team. This includes continuous review of applicable Company business practices.
- Assist Finance & Accounting with forecasting taxes for Inpats working in the U.S. and U.S. paid Expats working in a host location, by providing estimated payroll taxes based upon salary, bonuses, and hypothetical tax deductions.
- Prepare GL account reconciliations for Commuter, Expat & Inpats on monthly basis.
- Ensure all monthly reporting is completed in a timely manner. Ensure compliance and control risk.
- Working with internal and external auditors as needed to ensure the integrity of payroll
- Resolving all the obligations, discrepancies on payroll taxes by reviewing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) codes and State regulations.
- Direct contact with the US State Tax agencies in resolving payroll tax filing obligations.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
6th Floor, Hibiscus Tower 2 Bu, Bangalore, , 560103, India
Requisition Number: 90091
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.