Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking to hire a PMC Site HSE Engineer to join its project management team on ADNOC Gas Processing - Habshan 5 project.
This role is residential site based working 6 days / week for 10 hrs / day. Successful candidate will be responsible for below duties;
- Maintain and help control daily HSE practices through regular checks of work sites, ensure that hazards are identified, precautionary measures are implemented and relevant HSE advice provided
- Ensure that project Health, Safety and Environmental programs and procedures are communicated to and regularly reinforced with site personnel
- Promote safe working systems and procedures and monitor the proper application of the "Permit to Work" system, SIMOPS and associated Job Safety Analysis
- Review and provide comments regarding contractor developed HSE plans and procedures
- Coordinate and participate in the provision of HSE awareness in accordance with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 specifications
- Prepare programs and arrange participation training sessions in conjunction with line management
- Participate as member of construction site emergency response team, and provide first line advice to the designated Incident Controller and / or On Scene Commander concerning containment of emergency
- Investigate all site HSE related incidents, including near misses, to an appropriate level. Analyze immediate and root causes, determine future action to reduce these occurrences
- Promote, support and participate in HSE Observation Card (HSEOC) program
- Prepare and maintain statistical records of project site HSE performance (eg, work-hours, leading and lagging indicators, etc) and communicate regularly with immediate line manager and the Abu Dhabi based project HSE team if required
- Conduct frequent audits and inspections to ensure the effectiveness of HSE programs on critical operations / equipment and procedures at assigned location; present recommendations for improvement and follow-up their implementation
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum of 10 years experience in oil and gas industry
- Excellent English language proficiency, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills
- ADNOC onshore site project experience is required
Amec Foster Wheeler ( www.amecfw.com ) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors. Employing around 35,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2016 revenues of £5.4 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, power and process, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.