Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst, Financial Audit
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated professional that can join our Nabors International Tax team as an International Tax Senior Manager. We'll look to your knowledge in tax technical practices and processes to provide value to keep the ETR low, improve cash positions, maintain accurate reporting, advise business units and assist in audits and tax planning initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Tax Planning and Advice
- Identify, analyze and respond to complex U.S. international and foreign tax issues
- Develop and implement initiatives to reduce taxes of all types by working closely with local teams and tax advisors
- Draft technical and non-technical tax research and compliance memos and summaries
- Oversight and review the tax consequences of foreign operations
- Understand and review tax treaty benefits/challenges and applicability to the company's transactions
- Review and propose tax provisions for third party and intercompany agreements
- Review intercompany transactions and identify opportunities to enhance transfer pricing
- Coordinate compliance and review transfer pricing documentation for all applicable jurisdictions
- Provide timely technical tax advice to business
- Review quarterly and annual ASC 740 tax accruals
- Review return to provision adjustments, uncertain tax positions, and valuation allowances and draft technical memos to document positions
- Create, review, and provide internal control documentation required by Sarbanes-Oxley
- Review foreign tax returns and coordinate with local finance managers and local tax advisors to ensure they are accurately and timely filed
- Review international tax forms for U.S. Tax return (Forms 5472, 5471, 1120-F, 8-WBEN, etc.)
- Prepare tax estimates, budgets, and tax forecast reports
- Manage foreign tax audits and assessments with internal teams and external advisors
- Communicate status of audits, identify and gather information needed, and provide tax analysis to defend the Company's tax positions
- Continuously attain professional knowledge by monitoring emerging practices, local country tax legislation and technologies to develop trusted advisor status
- Collaboratively work and consider the needs of other functions such as Regional Tax, Treasury, Legal, Accounting, Operations, etc.
- Suggest improvements to processes, products, and documentation as appropriate
- Provide technical tax training and mentorship to staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field such as Accounting, Business, Finance
- 8-10 years international tax experience in Big 4/Law Firm or a large corporate tax department
- Experience dealing with foreign to foreign tax analysis and transactions, specifically within LATAM
- Working experience in transfer pricing compliance and overall working knowledge of global transfer pricing concepts
- Familiarity with EU tax regimes and tax treaties
- ASC 740 experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Excellent tax research skills
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and processes quickly through excellent writing and speaking skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Good knowledge MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Masters in Tax, JD or LLM preferred but not required
- CPA or CPA Candidate is preferred but not required.
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Enjoys interacting with people to achieve outstanding results.
- Emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize that addresses strict deadlines while achieving intended results.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs