Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager with a strong background in Pulp & Paper at our Tucker, GA office.
- Lead teams providing integrated delivery (engineering, procurement and construction management) for major chemical capital projects and programs.
- For internal and external financial performance of our company on these traditionally complex and demanding assignments.
- He/she must develop the project execution plans, lead project reviews, lead negotiations with the client on change orders and contractual disputes while maintaining a solid client relationship and client satisfaction.
- Oversee the responses to Requests for Proposals and support the bid process to successfully negotiate new projects.
- Work with business development to create leads and develop relationships with prospective clients.
- Understand and review Safety Management Systems, Quality Management Systems and Environment Management Systems.
- Follow Wood safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action.
Skills / Qualifications
- Have a degree in chemical or mechanical or higher in engineering or construction related field.
- 10+years of experience managing large projects in the Chemicals, polymers, resins, fine chemicals, and renewable feedstock sectors.
- Experience with EPC and/or EPCM project delivery.
- Experience should include proven examples of the candidate's ability to lead an EPCM team to deliver project and contractual obligations on time and within budget.
- Have an advanced knowledge of project controls including scheduling, budgeting, risk management progress monitoring and forecasting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communicate effectively Internally with executive managers, Directors, Project Managers, Estimators, Project Developers, Site Accountants, Engineering, Legal, HSSE and HR and cross-functional departmental teams.
- Communicate effectively Externally with clients, potential clients, subcontractors and suppliers.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.