BASIC FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have hands-on experience with design, operation and troubleshooting of steam methane reforming furnaces, fired heaters, boilers, flares, refractory, burners, heat recovery coils, and stacks
- Experience with FRNC-5 and Reform-3 software preferred
- Develops specifications, design standards, calculations, sketches, and scopes of work related to the design of reforming furnaces and other types of fired equipment and associated equipment
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of relevant industry standards (e.g. API, ASME, ASTM)
- Checks calculations and drawings for conformity with design requirements
- Organizes work to comply with project requirements
- Prepares material requisitions and technical input to subcontract packages
- Reviews and helps update schedules and forecasts
- Fully responsible for the technical work and conformance with job requirements.
- Provides overall supervision. Organizes work to comply with project requirements.
- Negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
- Prepares and updates the Department's Design Basis for a Project.
- Prepares material requisitions and technical input to subcontract packages.
- Maintains a copy of the relevant sections of the project estimate and generates change notices.
- Assigns all engineering work including checking of calculations; reviews engineering sketches.
- Checks drawings for conformity with design requirements. Stamps drawings as required
- Ensures that drawing recheck is performed
- Reviews other disciplines and vendor print intersquad drawings
- Reviews and helps update drawing schedule. Makes manhour forecasts.
- Keeps Manager informed of any changes in staffing requirements.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Licensed professional Engineer (preferred)
- 15+ years of experience
- Fired Equipment Engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience as a Fired Equipment Engineer in the refining/petrochemical industry.
- Must have experience as a Fired Equipment Engineer with an EPC company
Position will be offered on an initial contract basis (6 to 12 months) with a view to leading to direct hire (client may consider direct hire initially if preferred). Interested candidates must be authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.