Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a B Operator with offshore production operating experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule offshore of 7x7 with a working in Mobile Bay, AL
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
• Can operate, maintain and repair most facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
• Can operate, monitor, test, and maintain most processing equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
• Can monitor the performance of wells and production, calculate daily rates, well testing, perform some trouble shooting, monitor discharge water produced.
• Can perform many of the record keeping requirements by BSEE and USCG on the following: weekly / monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
• Can operate, test, maintain, repair and record keep most safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart.
• Ability to operate safety equipment including firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
• Can operate and maintain most rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations and little supervision.
• Can monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
Skills / Qualifications
• 2 -3 years of experience required in offshore oil and gas production operations
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
• 4+ years' offshore production operating experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.