Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Other Skills: Site supervisor
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: North Yorkshire, UK, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Nalys is an engineering consulting group of 350 employees created in 2011, recognized in 4 distinct business activities: Energy, Life Sciences, Embedded Systems and Mechanics.
In France, we operate in the Energy industry (Oil & Gas, renewable and nuclear energies). Our consultants intervene on all EPC project phases, from exploration to production. We are committed to provide reliable, cost-effective and efficient talent to the energy sector.
YOUR MISSION :
We are recruiting for our client, an Industry-leading water technology and process company, a Civil construction Site Supervisor.
He or she will be responsible for all the construction operational part (logistics, local purchases, GC coordination and monitoring, Civil Structure mechanical and electrical assembly, handover to commissioning), in line with the client's strategy, commitments and objectives.
In the context of DB processes, organizes, implements, and coordinates civil structure erection activities together with the project's stakeholders, in order to obtain the Final Inspection Certificate, and the Construction Completion Certificate.
In the context of his/her duties, reports operationally to our client's Site Manager and functionally to the Site Management Coordinator of the area of business.
In addition to his/her responsibilities in terms of quality, timing and technical performance for the area the project manager has given him/her, contributes to keeping the budgetary targets for the site by keeping the project & site manager informed of project control information and they verify consistency with the objectives of the project.
- Applies and implements contract management in his/her area.
- Applies client Standard and procedures, developing needed documentation and reporting accordingly.
- Ensures the availability of resources, equipment, and supplies, in order to guarantee that the schedule, assembly budget and contract expectations are respected.
- Ensures application of security rules by both company staff and external staff subcontractors, partners, and suppliers).
- Is responsible for quality management (non-conformity, Request For Information and change checks) in his/her area.
- Organizes and supervises the work of the subcontractors and partners, in order to ensure compliant assembly.
- Organizes and supervises the work of the teams for which he/she is responsible, in order to ensure compliant erection.
- Takes the lead on aspects linked to site logistics (material reception, stock and provision).
- Oversees all site operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
- Assures the performing of a quantitative / integrity check of the goods arrived at site: in case of vendor's issues, inform SQE issuing a w/f Vendor's NCR(or similar previously decided by our client); In case during the erection any Vendor's NCR (related to the manufacturing) is detected, inform SQE issuing a w/f Vendor's NCR
- Identifies and informs his/her operational hierarchical superiors of subjects which require the intervention of engineering or procurement.
- Identifies opportunities in his/her area and contributes to their development, then informs his/her operational hierarchical superiors of major opportunities.
- Identifies, analyses, and manages risks in the area for which he/she is responsible, then informs his/her operational hierarchical superiors of major risks.
- Provides the data necessary to project control concerning his/her area (progress measurement, change management, event log, non-conformities, gap measurement...).
- Guarantees the application at Site and by all stakeholders of QHSE rules and specific QHSE project Plan in his/her area.
- Guarantees the application at Site of our client's Constructions procedures and specific reporting accordingly in his/her area
- Responsible for making sure that the deadline for completing work is met.
- Issues reports on the area for which he/she is responsible.
- Contributes to the REX (Return of Experience).
NALYS, engineering Talent and energy to a growing world.