Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Purpose / Role
- Building and assembling machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspecting machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conducting repairs aiming for maximum reliability
Key aims and objectives
- To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, procedures, and specifications
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment, and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g., repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications / Training
- Recognized Mechanic Apprenticeship or demonstrable experience in Mechanic role
- Verifiable Evidence - CV
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical
- Demonstrable experience in post as mechanic or similar, apprenticeship / training coupled with current relative experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.