Requisition ID: 232106 Requisition Posting End Date:
Bechtel is looking for people who want to change the landscape of traditional incident response and digital forensics. We are an agile and dynamic team doing innovative work in information security. Our goal is to change the industry to improve security for both our company and the world.Role Overview
As the Digital Forensic Incident Response (DFIR) Analyst, you will be working with a group of highly productive employees to implement critical functions of our incident response. You will be working with standard forensics tools and some groundbreaking new technology as well. Your peers will be respected people from the information security industry. Due to the nature of the incident response, we are looking for someone who is not only technically proficient but can effectively communicate with managers and individual contributors during an incident response situation.
When not actively leading or participating in an incident, you will be working on improving the incident response processes, threat hunting, automating manual processes, data enrichment, and fostering communication between security groups as well as being the center point of contact for digital forensic investigations involving Ethics and Compliance allegations. Job Duties Include
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Seek out inefficiencies in existing processes and develop automated solutions in a global enterprise environment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to lead digital forensic investigations for Ethics and Compliance allegations.
- Utilize your expert communication skills to produce greater awareness of goals, projects, and tasks amongst the Global Security Operation and Engineering (GSOE) team.
- Lead and prioritize the Incident Response staff efforts across the enterprise, this includes determining the response level of an incident, investigating small to large scale incidents, establish appropriate actions to remediate threats.
- Engineer and integrate commercial or open-source tools to identify, respond, or remediate threats and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field or 12 years equivalent experience (in lieu of degree).
- Six or more years of general information technology experience with 3 of those years in the area of digital forensics or incident response.
- Must be a United States citizen.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- A passion for Information Security.
- Expert knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Solid experience applying all facets of digital forensics and incident response to on-prem and cloud environments.
- Strong analytical, documentation, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience with Python, SIEM, and EDR solutions.
- Technical acuity in the field of Information Technology Operations and Security Operations.
- Knowledge, understanding, and ability to apply technical security standards and tools.
- Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
- Possess an Industry recognized certification in digital forensics or currently working towards obtaining one.
- Ability to successfully facilitate collaboration across multiple functions and departments.
- Familiarity with SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response) software with an emphasis on building complex playbooks for automating routine incidents.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.