Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.OWINGS MILLSMaryland
SUMMARY: Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.
Per project position responsible for carrying out permitting due diligence, compiling submittal packages and managing submittal/approval activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- A Permit Coordinator should have minimal knowledge of basic site development procedures, blueprint reading, mathematical skills, and map reading (as necessary). Superior communication skills, both written and verbal are a basic requirement. This position requires a high level of organizational skills.
- Candidate should be extremely organized and able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Conduct and document permit requirements and code research, confirming needed deliverables for obtaining approval in project jurisdictions.
- Prepare submittal packages for a variety of project types. This includes coordinating plans, signatures and managing payment of fees.
- Maintain excellent communication with jurisdiction and project stakeholders to monitor progress and streamline the permitting process.
- Understand the scope of work and its relationship to permitting/approvals.
- Prepare comment/response letters for resubmittal and coordinate the responses with the client, architect and engineer, landlord and contractor.
- Assemble contractor notification packages to relay critical requirements of permit.
- Assist as directed in all other permitting related activities for which the Department is responsible.
- Work independently and effectively across a variety of clients and industries, maintaining project tracking reporting and overcommunicating with project team.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates our company's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of our company's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to work from remote location.
This job does not have specific supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
- Education and/or Experience : Bachelors degree in Construction related field preferred. At least five years experience with reading blueprints and permits preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations : None required.
- Other Qualifications : Good verbal and written communications skills; good analytical skills and detail-oriented; ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; strong time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines while maintaining accuracy; willing to challenge and ask questions; driven to achieve; ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. EEO/AAE: Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. Our company is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of M/F/V/D. Questions: Jennifer Dodson, 800-733-0660. Please understand that this offer does not create a contract of employment for a definite term or a contract of continuing employment. This employer is an at-will employer and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.