Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.OWINGS MILLSMaryland
SUMMARY: Briefly describe the job's primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Collaborates with system owners and design/development team members in the design, development, testing, installation and deployment of new applications and upgrades/enhancements to existing applications.
- Ensures that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Ensures proper system documentation.
- Provides user support.
- Provides ideas for new product enhancements utilizing the latest technology.
- Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping company information confidential.
- Delivers outstanding customer service through timely response and proactive solutions to clients needs.
- Demonstrates our company's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of our company's quality standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- May be required to work overtime with prior authorization from supervisor.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Ability to work from remote location.
This job does not have specific supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. or B.A. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred; alternatively, a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities Five years relevant experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- None required
- Working as part of a collaborative team.
- Knowledge of standard software development methodologies.
- Professional development experience using Microsoft technology and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft web technologies (ASP.NET, C#)
- Web Services & APIs
- Microsoft Azure application architecture
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office 365 integrations (Power Platform, Sharepoint, etc)
- Microsoft Azure platform
- Microsoft Office Products
- Deltek Vision
- Excellent verbal and written communications; ability to work independently.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EEO/AAE: This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply. This employer is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, gender, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities, "disabled Veterans", or Veterans with service-connected disabilities, are encouraged to apply. We value the service Veterans have given to our country and we strongly support the hiring of returning Service Members. Our company is a federal contractor and requests priority referrals of protected Veterans. Questions: Jennifer Dodson, 800-733-0660.
Please understand that this offer does not create a contract of employment for a definite term or a contract of continuing employment. This employer is an at-will employer and either party can terminate the relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.