Skills: Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18698BR
Saudi Aramco, long known for its leadership in oil exploration, production, and refining, is seeking experienced professionals to join our Downstream Global Base Oil Business. We have an immediate requirement to recruit a lubricant base oil technical expert. Saudi Aramco's position as a world-leading energy producer offers unique opportunities for growth and integration in downstream.
A bachelor degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, or another equivalent technical degree. An advanced degree is desirable. A minimum of 10 years' experience in the technical area of the lubricant industry. Ability to work well within a team. Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills. Fluency in English, both verbal and written.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Advising regarding technology and product trends, formulation development and trends, and potential leveraging improvements.
• Identifying and monitoring technical programs such as base oil interchangeability and base oil slates linkage.
• Identifying the optimal lubricant formulations in all applications.
• Identifying and monitoring formulations approvals (ATIEL, API, OEMs, etc.).
• Providing technical support for customers.
• Supporting the Technical Manager with additive companies, industry groups (API/ATIEL), OEMs and external consultants.
• Supporting the Technical Manager in developing base oil specifications and controls of base oil products (Q&A program, etc.).
• The Base Oil & Lubricants Specialist Candidate should familiar with API and ATIEL/ACEA regulations and trends, and have been exposed directly or indirectly to lubricant OEM approvals, REACH registration, and ATIEL & ACEA activities.
• Identify and monitor technical programs, such as base oil interchangeability and base oil slates linkage.
• Identify the optimal lubricant formulations. Identifying and monitoring formulations approvals (ATIEL, API, OEMs, etc.).
• Communicate and put plans with additive companies, industry groups (API/ATIEL), OEMs and external consultants.
• Define base oil specifications and controls of base oil products (Q&A program, etc).
• Advise regarding technology and product trends, formulation development and trends, and potential leveraging improvements.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.