Skills: Business Analyst, Marketing
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18951BR
As part of Retail Strategy & Development Department function, the Market Analyst's main purpose is to provide leadership with insights into the market, customers, and competitors - both locally and globally. The focus is to collect strategic data and information, and perform analysis to support strategic planning and execution for the retail business segment.
The analyst's main function is to provide management with recommendations on strategic planning activities, by providing actionable plans based on assessments of markets and competitors - both existing and potential. The function will include Identifying and collecting appropriate customer, competitor, market, and economic, financial and/or operational data. Perform financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors. Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports to be issued on a weekly/monthly basis.
The position requires a professional with a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration/Marketing or an Engineering discipline, with at least 15 years of expertise in the fuel retail industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Profile the domestic, regional, and international retail market and perform an evaluation on each segment and competitive environment, provide insights that would support strategic decision-making by the Retail & Lube Administrative area.
• Create and update comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including: market share, growth projections and trends, market forces, potential competitors, and government regulations.
• Develop data sources and establish a data storage and analysis on all key elements of the retail industry, including: location of stations, consolidation activities, demand centers, establish data base of supply chain companies, new regulations and consumer behavior.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal entities in Saudi Aramco and its local and international affiliates, to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
• Develop a system that will consolidate industry reports, government initiatives, and publications; and monitor competitor activities to maintain an in-depth knowledge of the markets and establish financial models.
• Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams, to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
• Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
• Primary responsibility is to obtain local and global market data. Assess and analyze the information (for example: Analyze the fuel demand in industrial or residential areas in specific countries, and advise on commercially lucrative spots to plant gas stations). Advise on potential companies to buy around the globe, and assist in the purchase/acquisition of businesses
• Work closely with JVs.
• Present investment and development strategies to senior management and secure their buy-in.
• Provide detailed reports on latest market information, updated data on alternative fuel, on competitors (who is entering or exiting certain markets and why).
• Have a system to extract industry information, establish contracts with leading energy/fuels research entities to obtain the up-to-date industry data.
• Be the segment expert in fuel retail marketing.
Saudi Arabia's vast hydrocarbon resources will see Saudi Aramco become the world's leading integrated energy and chemical company by 2020. Our Chemicals business is a critical, high-profile new enterprise for us and requires committed people with insight, experience and technical expertise.
We can offer professionals from diverse backgrounds and specialties a solid, secure future - not to mention extensive international exposure and the opportunity to see your ideas become reality. Work at the forefront of the industry and see how your career evolves with invested time and effort. It's a chance to make a huge impact both on the local economy and on a global scale.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.