Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Wood is currently looking to recruit PMC Senior HSE Design Engineer to join the client team on ADNOC Gas Processing - Ruwais Sulphur Handling Terminal project. Successful candidate would responsible for below duties and responsibilities;
- Supervises, coordinates and directs the Technical Safety discipline work in the preparation of technical reports, technical specifications, drawings and purchase requisitions
- Performs safety engineering calculations, using MS Office or specialized software, e.g., risk and consequence calculations, calculations related to flaring and venting, hazardous area classification, firewater demand estimates
- Reviews man-hour budget, schedule and project scope for the discipline portion of the work
- Prepares Project Change Notices for submittal to the Project Engineering Manager for changes in the scope of work, delays or other reasons and assist in cost estimate of the change
- Participates in design reviews (e.g., HAZID and HAZOP).
- Prepare client reports / documentation on the project work conducted. This includes philosophies, analysis work, safety engineering calculations, design reviews Performance Standards and specifications. Prepares Formal Safety Assessment studies, prepares Safety Cases (if required)
- Coordinates with other Discipline Leads and Project Engineering Manager or Project Engineers to ensure a functional project
- Reviews drawings and documents of other Project disciplines at appropriate times to ensure that the drawings are in compliance with the requirements of the project. Conversely, ensures that discipline documents and drawings are submitted for review to other disciplines in time for them to react and feed-back comments before scheduled release dates
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university with minimum 15 years relevant experience in the oil / gas industry
- Must have been in CONSULTANT's organisation for at least 3 years in similar position and must have previous PMC experience.
- Fully familiar with international standards & guidelines as well as local specific requirements to be applied for major oil / gas processing facilities during design, engineering and construction
- Must have been involved in safety, HAZOP reviews during front end engineering design phase and detailed engineering, procurement & construction phase of similar projects
- Extensive FEED and EPC experience is a MUST
- Sulphur Handling projects experience is a MUST
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.