Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Saudi Aramco is seeking to appoint an expert with significant experience in leading complex M&A Transactions across the energy value chain. The role is in the Finance, Strategy & Development Service Line at Saudi Aramco. This function will form a small team under Saudi Aramco Finance. This is a new team that is being created to act in an advisory capacity to the various M&A deal teams in Saudi Aramco. The successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing all critical aspects of M&A transactions, including deal structure, valuation and commercial documentation terms. The M&A expert will highlight risks, deficiencies, and gaps pertaining to M&A transactions and report findings to Senior Management.
• The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in executing complex M&A transactions in the energy sector
• Solid understanding of all aspects of M&A transactions including valuation, due diligence, commercial terms, deal structuring and integration
• Ability to independently review and critique work performed by other experts.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrate strong integrity and work ethics
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering as a minimum
• Has regularly presented/advised to Senior Corporate Management level. He/she is an energy expert (oil and gas, renewables, downstream)
• Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels
• Must have strong analytical, project management, valuation and financial modelling skills.
• Have presence and gravitas, and excellent presentation skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct independent analysis of M&A documentation and share insights with Senior Management
• Review complex valuation models and key assumptions for ongoing M&A transactions and identify any gaps or issues
• Partner with key stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of relevant transaction terms and identify important issues requiring consideration prior to transaction approval
• Prepare detailed reports and executive presentations that cover review findings, enabling senior management to make more informed decisions
• Identify and critically evaluate acquisition synergies
• Develop and share best practices associated with M&A transactions with stakeholders
• Identify potential risks to relevant Company stakeholders and propose mitigation strategies
• Be part of the deal review process and lead independent deal reviews
• Advise before the negotiation takes place
• Help with identifying deal parameters, input, output and risks
• Excellent understanding of potential mouse traps in energy deals
• Advise on dos and don'ts, termination clauses and other deal sensitive matters
• Onboard deals, run gap analysis and mitigate risk during the pre-deal phase
• Look for lessons learned by analyzing previous deals
• Add value by assisting with deals from a technical and a process perspective
• Review and analyze commercial contracts, due diligence, regulatory challenges, various aspects of valuation and financial modelling
• Provide capital markets excellence to assist the deals team
• Support M&A Training by sharing knowledge, and insights with potential deal leads
As an integrated, global petroleum enterprise with operations in Saudi Arabia, Europe, the United States and the Far East, Saudi Aramco is one of the cornerstones of the world's energy supply. Saudi Aramco has a proud legacy of accomplishment in the oil and gas industry. In recent years, the Company has been creating downstream joint and equity ventures, both in Saudi Arabia and in China, and is exploring additional opportunities in refining and petrochemicals. Projects such as these, combined with Saudi Aramco's stature - both as a corporation and as a corporate citizen - in the Kingdom and wherever the Company does business, make for a challenging and rewarding work environment for the personnel of the Finance business line.
Every day, our multinational team of more than 70,000 people combines passion, purpose, and performance to achieve a common objective: unlocking the full potential of the Kingdom’s resources to create more value for our company and more opportunities for people at home and around the globe.
Join us at Saudi Aramco.