Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Do you strive to create more connected, sustainable communities with impactful traffic solutions? So do we!
By joining our St. Louis team of transportation professionals, we'll rely on your expertise with traffic analysis, traffic simulation, transportation impact analysis, safety studies, stakeholder engagement, and technical communications to shape lasting solutions which will improve safety, comfort, and traffic operations for all roadway users.
Our office is comprised of a comprehensive group of professionals who are industry leaders with the ability to work on a variety of projects. Project types range from large design/build infrastructure projects to traditional projects within the government and commercial sector. You'll be a key member of our Civil/Highway group, lead and grow a traffic design team and assist with business development opportunities. We'll provide you career growth by asking you to mentor less experienced teammates as well as work direct with clients
We want to empower you to think beyond and innovate!
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering (MS preferred) from an accredited university with an emphasis in traffic design
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) and Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
• Minimum 20 years' experience in traffic engineering / project management
• Significant traffic engineering experience
• Traffic Design experience including signals, lighting, signing, pavement markings, ITS and MOT
• Highway/roadway safety analyses including HSM, ISATe and IHSDM
• Experience in development and execution of local marketing and business development
• Technical understanding of highway/roadway design standards
• Working knowledge of CAD systems - MicroStation, Geopak, and InRoads
• Past history or project management and execution of Transportation Projects - Responsible for the quality of project work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability
Ideally You'll Also Have:
• Master's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university with an emphasis in traffic design
• Established local client relationships and has experience on Missouri LPA, MoDOT and/or St. Louis County projects preferred, along with an understanding of policies and procedures of these agencies
• Engagement in professional organizations
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.